Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
In bright blue I will be doing any additional thoughts on how I did for the whole year... so December updates in purple ... Year End in bright blue... got it!
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- I had pretty good consistency in Dec. for my devotions. I did really well this year. I read through I and II Thes., I and II Tim., Titus, Philemon, Hebrews and James. I also read Fearless, God's Priorities for Today's Woman, The Power of a Praying Wife, How People Change, How People Change Study Guide, UnEmployed Faith, The Resolution for Women, and Promises Promises.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read Promises Promises. I finished this book on Dec. 29th and wrote a review of it in my Reading post which was posted Sat. evening. I listed all the spiritual books I read this year above... you already read that... right!
- I started reading Honestly by Sheila Walsh in Nov. An interesting book about a woman from tv who went from hopelessness, to honesty and freedom, to real faith and joy. A book handed down to me by a cousin that I thought might do me good in this stage of my life and because of the circumstances of 32 months of unemployment for my husband. I am now just starting ch. 6 of 12 chapters total.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- I am sad to report that though I started back to exercising in Sept. I have stopped, again! I saw this on Facebook then looked it up and pinned it on Pinterest. I soooooo need this. I am tired of starting over... so I need perseverance... in exercising and a few other area of my life. This is my mantra for exercise for 2013. I had hoped to start again this month but that did not happen either. Exercise was almost a total failure this year. That makes me sad. This is my focus for 2013.
- Eat Better and drink water I took this off my list because our financial position made it impossible to eat well. We can't afford fruit and veggies all the time. Some months I only had vegetables a couple nights with dinner, fruit a little better. We have eaten a lot of bread this year because we have been getting it free from a church run daycare across the street.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Most of them will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- I listed the spiritual books above. I also read a few history and science books, one how to homeschool book and one exercise book this year. If you want to see everything I read in 2012 check out my 2012 books read list on Goodreads.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- I did scrapbook one thing in Dec. I did a timeline picture for my Facebook page for Christmas. Considering I was sick a whole week I am marking this as done. I did fairly well in scrapbooking in 2012. I enjoyed it. I was excited my hubby got me the update to my digital scrapbook program in Dec. when they updated it... that gives me more options in the program and a bunch of new papers and embellishments to play with in 2013!
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Check out how I did on Reading in December HERE. I accomplished my year's goal so that is great! I gave you my link to Goodreads above so you can see everything I read in 2012 there.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. I did a few in December but not as many as I had planned. I was glad just to get my regular posts done. I did better on this some months than others. I ended the year not doing as well as I had planned but I did not plan to be sick. I know... excuses, excuses.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. I didn't get this done in Dec. I do want to do more of this but I struggled with energy and time to write in Dec. and I have also been struggling with what to write. I just need to do more personal how and what I am doing posts. Same as the one before... just excuses.
- Meal planning was also taken off my list because our $$$ trouble made it impossible to plan... we just had to make do with what we had and some nights we didn't make anything!
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. I got the Christmas ornaments done for my family and that was all. I did save a lot more ornaments and a few other crafts to my Pinterest boards so... I hope I can get some more craft things accomplished in 2013.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. I was doing very well on this until I got sick. Now I have about a week of school to log in before we begin school again on Thursday this week.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christophers daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I need to do this first thing after my mom leaves... I don't think I will get it done before then.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Done! Nathan graduated in June.
- I did really well with homeschooling this year. I have done way better keeping up than in previous years. We have about 100 days done and about 80 to go... so I will just keep on keeping up, I pray, and we will end the year early (last week of April or sooner) and happy!
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Hubby and I have been spending time together in our bedroom. Both on our computers, chatting about things throughout the day. We spent a lot of time in Dec. doing errands together... especially a tiny little bit of Christmas shopping, including stocking stuffers. I have been reading marriage books, writing my hubby notes and trying to enjoy our time together. He is still unemployed after almost 3 years and that can put a strain on a relationship. Marriage, in the good times, takes work... in the bad times it takes even more work... and we can't just go and do... I spend most weeks at home, some weeks not leaving the house from at all... so we must make the best of our time and be creative.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. The time we have spent together lately has been mostly together or in small groups, mostly watching movies. We also started a tradition of reading by candlelight on Sunday nights. We all read what we want and sit together at the dining room table. Everyone is not required to participate... but encouraged to. I have not been making time for each child like I should... though the kids don't seem to care much these days. I started out better than I ended up... but I still love my kids and try to spend time with them. Lately it has been more talking here and there instead of time together doing something... especially with the girls. I do want to play on the Wii more and games... oh, and I love our Sunday Night reading times... though we forgot again last night, bummer! After I got sick, and with my mom visiting it has been hard to do the candlelight reading... hopefully we will get back to it once she leaves on Friday.
3 Not Done
For the whole year 2012 in review - I had 16 total goals and I count:
12 as done - Devotions, Read Godly books, Read Educational books, Scrapbook, Read for pleasure, Blog, Record school daily, Review boys work daily, Check house for school subjects, Complete Nathan's Sr. Year, Spend time with husband, Spend time with my kids
4 not done - Exercise, Eat Better, Meal Planning, Home Project
So a pretty good year. I got a lot more accomplished thanks to my monthly goal updates and the weekly meme I do... Goal Planning Monday. God Bless you all in the New Year. I still have to work on my 2013 goals!!
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
Monthly Update List
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ May, I'm late
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ June Update... better late than never
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ July was ok
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ August was better
- Yearly Goals ~ September was really good
- Yearly Goals ~ October Oops (no update)
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ November Missive
all content on my blog is ©