This is my update. I want to stay accountable for achieving my 2011 goals. I want to do better than last year. I want to remind myself what my goals are and keep working toward them.
The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a smiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.
- Be more consistent with my personal devotions.
- Our church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. We are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible. I am a little behind but not as far as I was. I am currently reading Hosea.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011.
- Eat better and loose weight. I have been doing great on drinking my water.
- Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics.
- I finished reading:
- How to Have a H.E.A.R.T. For Your Kids by Rachael Carman
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller.
- I need to work on finishing:
- Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging your Husband by the wives of 12 prominent Christian leaders. Challenging reading for marriage
- I will be starting a new book for Ladies Bible Study this Friday. I don't even remember the name of it. See my Goal Planning Monday post next week for details.
- Work on my own writing projects.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Going to the Chapel (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, Book 2) by Rebecca Kelly
- Recipes and Wooden Spoons Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, Book 3) by Judy Baer
- I am also reading Emma but that is slow going. I need to read some of this each week or I will not be getting all the Jane Austen books read this year.
- I started reading a Love's Long Journey but then my Grace Chapel books came in and I need to read them before they have to go back to the library.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- I am being consistent with reviewing the workboxes but the boys have not finished all 12 boxes most days. Tomorrow is another day.
- Complete the first half of my 3rd year on the TOS Homeschool Crew Review
- Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys.
- I have still not been doing it. We are still on Little House in the Big Woods. I need to make it a priority at least 3 nights a week. I have not read to the boys since March. I need to talk to the boys about this. I need to get back to reading something to them. Either finish Little House in the Big Woods or pick something else.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- We went to a fountain show alone last week. It was a great night out. We need to plan something else but this weekend we are going up to PA to take my mom to get her hair permed and I get mine cut and she pays for it... so maybe next week or weekend. We have also been running errands together which is at least some alone time.
- Hubby has promised to play games with me but we have not done it yet.
- After watching The Grace Card a couple nights ago Hubby and I have been praying together before bed. It means so much to me. The first night he started, last night he seemed down and tired and so I started it... I didn't want to quit after only one night. We so need the prayers and the closeness I feel when we pray together.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
- Original post for my Goals 2011
- Goals Update Feb. 1
- Yearly Goals Update - March
- Yearly Goals Update - April
- Yearly Goal Update - May
- I apparently missed a June update oops...
- Summer Goal list
- Yearly Goal Update - July
- Yearly Goal Update - August
Doing the weekly goals meme on Mondays helps too.
all content on my blog is ©