Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way? No, we don't participate in any way.

2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes? My favorite is blueberry pancakes with blueberry sauce. My hubby usually makes blueberry sauce for our pancakes for Christmas breakfast. If I am not having blueberry sauce then I like butter and syrup. I use light syrup to save on calories but I prefer REAL maple syrup. I just bought some of these: Eggo® FiberPlus™ Antioxidants Chocolate Chip Waffles
and Eggo® FiberPlus™ Calcium Buttermilk Waffles I will let you know what I think of them. I love the other Fiber Plus products... they are so helping me with my diet.

3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights. Favorite spring flower is Hyacinth, or maybe it is Azalea, or maybe Lilac, or maybe Crocuses. It is so hard to choose. I love Spring Flowers, and summer flowers, and fall flowers.

4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why? Ummmmm.... it has been too long a day. I can't think of anything to say about this.

5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen? Yes, it was a memorial day parade and we were dressed in our Civil War outfits and walking with other friends in their civil war garb. If you come back on Friday I will be posting pictures for my Blast From The Past and you can see me, my daughters and my son Nathan all dressed up.

6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________? 5. ...that my husband got the perfect job, just right for his talents, a place where he could use his art or photography gifts for the Lord. After a year unemployed and only one interview things look bleak.

7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk? Outside... Not clean at all. Inside... worse still!!! Well we have a van, so we don't really have a trunk, but the back area does have stuff in it. Though the trunk is not the worst area.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow will be a long day. Hubby and I are going to drive 1 hour, take my mom to some appointments, she needs an MRI and some blood work. She has been dizzy when standing or walking and the Dr.'s are trying to find out why. 

Join us by clicking on the button at the top of the page. Thanks again Joyce for this wonderful, fun meme.


all content on my blog is ©

3 comments:

Expats Again said...

I pray #6 comes true for you. Have faith.

Expats Again said...

I love lilac and plan on planting one once we return to the U.S. Azelas too, but they probably will be harder to maintain in Ohio weather.

Dorie said...

What a fun meme - I prefer maple syrup as well, and it is too hard for me to pick a favorite spring flower ~ with all their beauty and pleasant aromas!
Praying for your mom's health and the doctors to have wisdom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails