Thursday, August 30, 2012

Think Back Thursday ~ Night


This week's theme
Night
... any night shot, should be outside, inside at night is just an inside shot, not a night shot. 

I have a few good ones for this. Quite a few. I did pick and choose, I had a lot more than this I could have shared. I was going to post them in a slideshow but that just does not do the photos justice... so this will be a long post, but it is mostly photos and not much writing so that will help. I hope you will bare with me and actually enjoy looking back at my NIGHT photos.

Christmas 2008 
We like to visit this guys lights every year. He lives about 20 min. from out house. He goes All Out for Christmas, he even has his own transformer because he kept blowing out the electricity for all his neighbors.






12-12-2009  Same house, it was colder this year.






January 2011 Snowfall
All with the same camera, same time of day, different settings on my camera





 Longwood Gardens Nighttime Fountain Show 07-01-2011
 Rachel    and     Christopher













Nathan and my husband




08-12-2011 Longwood Gardens Nighttime Fountain Show and bell concert by Cast In Bronze. 
Cast in Bronze was on this year's America's Got Talent YouTube performance night. It was really cool to see someone on that show that we had seen in person.




 GREAT shot of the moon, you can even see the "dark spots"


I am not showing all the fountain from the show, they looked similar to the ones above...
after the show we went and looked at the waterlilies.They were gorgeous.

Rachel and Jessica, waiting for us to be done taking photos, Rachel relaxing and looking up at the sky while listening to some music on the portable CD player.


11-25-2011 Longwood Christmas






Nighttime photography is not easy and I am pleased with all these photos.
I hope you enjoyed them also.

Future Themes:
Sept. 6 - Benches 
(with or without people on them)
Sept. 13 - Closeup 
(of anything, I would especially like you to use any closeup features you have on your camera, get to know your camera)
Sept. 20 - Back to School 
(this year, some other year, a bunch of years put together; of you, your kids, back to school supplies; whatever you want)
Sept. 27 - Relaxing/Peaceful
(whatever that means to you: a place, people, time of day, vacations, whatever...)

Here are the Rules for participating:
The purpose of Think Back Thursday is to link up a photo post about something from the past. You can reach back all the way to your childhood and bravely post pictures of you in your wild clothes and hair styles or post something from last year and tell us about it. I'm not picky. Hey, even yesterday was the past... LOL My posts will mostly be about events that happened prior to blogging, as a way to share those things with the world.
  • It can be about you, about your kids, about your parents, whomever. You can include video, I will not exclude video alone posts, but I prefer them along with photos, as this is a photo meme. I am doing a weekly theme now. That should help narrow it down from the myriad of photos we all have. For ideas check out the other posts in my label Think Back Thursday. 
  • Link up below. Please use a permalink that sends readers directly to the correct post. If you are not sure what that is click the word permalink for an explanation. 
  • Mention my blog and offer a link back. This is a requirement to take part and a kind gesture to me your hostess as well as your readers--they will know where to join in the fun, too. You can put the Think Back Thursday button on your site and in your post. You will find it on my right sidebar. Please use it to link to my site, to spread the word about my meme. Using the button will help others know how to find me and how to join. Tell others to click on the button in your post to find us here.
  • Leave me a comment. First so that you can let me know what you think of my pictures and secondly so that I will know a new post has been linked up and I can come visit your blog and comment on your photos. 
Join me!


all content on my blog is ©

2 comments:

Cindy @ Fenced in Family said...

That fountain show is BEAUTIFUL!! I love colored fountains at night. :-)

chris said...

Absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails