Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Dozen - Late Due Wednesday 09/22/10



I wanted to do the Random Dozen yesterday but forgot. I saw it late last night on someones blog but was to tired to bother. This morning another person whose blog I read posted theirs... Late. So I thought I would do it to... Late but better Late than Never... Right??? Well I guess if I didn't do it the sky would not fall down or anything... but I wanted to... so here it is...

1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? I got an award for being the only one in our group (the group that was building our Habitat homes together 12 years ago) to complete the home repair course they had at the time. I got recognized with a certificate and a toolbox with some tools in it. My hubby slowly confiscated my tools and toolbox... LOL As far as I know that is the only award I ever won.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? My Father served in WWII. My Father-in-Law and several Uncles did also. My cousin served and lost his life in the Vietnam War.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.  Memorial Day Parades we go to every year in my hometown. Listening to the Gaithers sing patriotic sons... check out my Spiritual label if you want to hear some.
 
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?  I am the baby and yes, birth order matters. Siblings were 9, 12, and 15 when I was born. Once I was older I had a lot of advantages being the only one still home. My sister says I got a whole different father than they had. I was his baby and got lots of love and a few other things.  I still fell like the baby even though I will be 50 next year. My siblings still treat me like the baby too. My placement made a big difference, but God knew what he was doing.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. Faithfulness (from my mom)

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? Female, pants during the week but I like wearing skirts and dresses to church each Sunday. My daughters wear only skirts and dresses and I probably would if I were thinner. I want to work toward that.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? Usually two, sometimes more. But, I usually go right back to sleep after going to the bathroom.

8. Share a favorite movie quote. I have to set up the favorite line... It is from Little House on the Prairie. Season 2, Disk 1, "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove" The Ingals owe money at the mercantile and the whole family is working to pay it off. Caroline is out in the field plowing because Charles has been working elsewhere. He comes up to the field and finds her plowing.
Charles: "Look at you."
Caroline: "I must be a sight."
Charles: "You are. Your face is dirty, your hair is all askew, and you're still the prettiest woman a man ever set his eyes on"
Then comes my favorite line.... ready... still Charles talking...
"The only thing I regret about being married to you is that I won't have the joy of asking you to be my wife again." (and... kiss) awwwww..... love that line!!!!

Saw on the 2nd cup of coffee post that she said she wished she could find a YouTube video for her quote... guess what I found... here you go... this part starts right out with my quote... now you can watch the scene...



9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? Vanilla... all time favorite.

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? Church Bonfire and hot dog roast... with smores for dessert.

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. Hubby bought us a air popper for popcorn.

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?  The first in-law I met was my sister-in-law. I met her before I knew my husband. She had a daughter in my Kindergarten class my first, and one and only year I taught. She became my teacher aid, watching the K kids during nap time so I could teach the 1st graders. She introduced my hubby and I. She invited me over for dinner and then he stopped at the school for something and she invited him too. That night he invited me to go to the Valentine banquet our church was having. I said yes. He said we should go out before that so we would not be strangers at the banquet... and the rest, as they say... is History!!! 

As far as parent in-laws go I only had one.... dh's Mom. Dh's father died before we met. I don't remember our first meeting but she was very loving so I am sure we did fine. We only ever had one conflict and that was about the wedding. Dh put his foot down and told her it was my wedding and everything would be my way. That ended that. Unfortunately she died when I was carrying Jessica. We had only been married 4 years.

So, since my list is so late I guess you have already read the rest of the groups lists and I am the only one behind in reading them.  But if you haven't then go over to 2nd cup of coffee and read them.


all content on my blog is ©

2 comments:

momma24 said...

Great answers! I'm glad you went ahead and posted yours. I am almost through the list but BSF is calling me!

Mrs. White said...

I LOVE the Richest Man in Walnut Grove! It is my favorite episode!

Blessings
Mrs. White

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails