Monday, February 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for the week of February 2, 2009



FOR TODAY Monday, February 2, 2009

Outside my window the sun is just coming up over the horizon. The skies are clear the air is COLD!!!

I am thinking that I love computers and I hate computers. My dh did some work on my computer over the weekend and now I have lost my profile on Firefox and can't get to some of my features and since he is a work I have to wait until he comes home to get it fixed. He will be thrilled (sarcastic) to hear, "Welcome home dear, I have computer problems!!! ) AHHHH! Free Smileys

I am thankful for my husband. Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the day he proposed to me. Free Smileys WOW 25 years has certainly gone fast. I will do another post about our engagement if you are interested you can check that out after you read this. It is a very interesting story if I do say so myself.

From the learning rooms: the boys are playing games for school today. I allow this once a month so they have a break from the "normal" and so we play some of the many great games we have for school. The rest of the week we will be continuing with our studies as usual. We should finish up digestive and move on to ??? I am not sure what is next and my book is downstairs. ummm. well....

In Art we are starting Caspar David Friedrich (of whom I knew nothing) and so I did a Google search. I started following the Artist study, and Composer study, from Ambleside Online though not the dates since I did not start when they did. But, I follow the people that they study because when I do that I stick to doing it since the pictures and artists (or composers and music) are all set out for me. For Composer study it is Franz Liszt. If you want to check it out you will find it by clicking the following links. Artist study at Ambleside. Composer Study at Ambleside. They have other things also, if you are interested in Charlotte Mason Homeschooling check out their site by clicking on any of the tabs at the top of either of the above links.

We will continue reading the Red Falcons of Tremoine and continue in studying the Middle Ages. We are going to start our Middle Ages Lapbook which I bought from Knowledge Box Central.

From the kitchen who knows??? I have plans for this weeks meals but they are downstairs also. I am the one making dinner tonight, it is my turn, but I am not sure what I planned to cook.... guess I will have to check on that, soon, so I can get the meat out of the freezer.

I am wearing sweat pants because I am going to go exercise in 10 minutes.

I am creating new blog posts and I hope to do some scrapbooking today.

I am going nowhere and I like it that way Free Smileys most days. Free Smileys LOL

I am reading the books in my Shelfari but especially Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. I will write a whole post on this book soon, maybe today... watch for it.

I am hoping to go out to dinner with my sweetheart soon.

I am hearing the dvd I have playing while I am writing... Little House on the Praire Season 7

Around the house the house is CLEAN thanks to mostly my hard work on Thursday afternoon, evening and Friday morning because of my friend Michele's visit. Now to keep it more clean... I guess I will have to do "small hard things" see my review of Do Hard Things in my Shelfari.

One of my favorite things playing games with my family. The boys and I played a new one for Science last week the -ectomy game. It is a game about the parts of the brain. I got it here. The boys loved it. She has lots of great free products check them out here.

A few plans for the rest of the week: homeschooling, scrapbooking, organizing, reading (lots of reading) maybe a game or two and a fun afternoon with Nathan one day this week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing

Dear Hubbie and I Spring 1984 Engagement Photo (one of the set taken for newspaper announcement of our engagement)

To Join this meme go to The Simple Woman's Daybook

Have a great week... gotta go exercise...
Debbie

3 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Congratulations on the 25 years!! How lovely.

Have a great week.

Julie

Sheri said...

Wow, love the flashback to the 80s man-you looked so perty and in love-glad to know you still are!

As for the reviews-please don't forget to go to the homeschooling on a wing and a prayer blog and list your name in the comment section and tell me which of those 2 reviews you liked best....that way you can enter to win-looks to be an awesome ebook there.

I will be mailing out your book that you won today or tomorrow-had sick kiddos all week last week and still have remenants, but hubby can run the errangs-whoopie!

Blessings and have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Wow 25 years that is wonderful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails