"A year from now you will wish you had started today."
Oh My!! How that hits me. Yes, a year from now I will wish I had started today. So I am going to. I am going to do better. I am going to purpose to exercise. First thing in the mornings. If I don't do it then I won't do it. I WANT to be healthier. I have the equipment to help me do it. I just need to get going, keep going, and not quit. This is the area I most struggle with.
I have things I want to do. Goals. Wishes. But, when I choose what to do with my time I waste way to much of it. One of my Bible verses I memorized is Proverbs 12:11 (ESV) "Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense." I don't have land to work, but I have work to do... and to often I choose worthless pursuits to fill my time instead of things on my goal list. I know I can have some fun. I know I can take some time for things I like to do as well as goals... there just has to be a balance.
I did pretty good this month except on exercise and crafts. Getting ready to start homeschooling again... which we started on the 29th of July... took a LOT of time.
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Read Proverbs through each month. A chapter a day + a couple on short months. Recommended by the book my hubby and I are reading together... The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness.
- Read Godly/Spiritual books.
- Work on my prayer life. Pray is my word for 2013.
- Start reading a book on prayer. My hubby bought me a new book off my Amazon list.
- Books read/reading see above.
- I started a private blog for just God and I to see. I made it so it can't be searched by the search engines and you have to be invited to read. I needed another way to focus. I focus well while writing so I decided to try and blog my prayers to God. I am keeping up with this and enjoying writing on my prayer blog more and more often.
- Be Grateful. I will be joining the Joy Dare @ Ann Voscamp's blog. Click the link to check it out. You can print her prompts for each month or do your own thing. Just be grateful... 3 a day for 365 days gives you more than 1000 things to look back at on Dec. 31, 2013. Let's record 1000 things to be grateful to the Lord for.
- Doing well.
- Started a notebook for things to be thankful for that I can carry in my purse.
- Started a notebook for things to be thankful for of my own... not using the prompts she gives in Joy Dare
- Started a notebook for things to be thankful for about my husband. Very much needed with him home mostly 24/7 and unemployed. We can get short tempered with those we love the most when things are going bad. Starting this notebook helps me look for things to be thankful for, be thankful for the hard things in our marriage that strengthen us, and when things are bad I can look back at my lists.
- Memorize 2 verses or portions of scripture a month with my new group on Facebook. We post one verse/portion on the 1st and one on the 15th. With this I will memorize 24+ verses a year... more than in 2012 since I didn't memorize any. I started using Scripture Typer to help me memorize and review the verses.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2013. As far as healthy eating goes I will be doing the best I can. (With my husband being unemployed for 33 months now things are tough and we can't always afford fruits and vegetables. If I exercise I will feel better... that is better than nothing.)
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education. (The spiritual book are very educational but I have other books I would like to read as well... non-fiction and historical fiction.)
- Read some fiction books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family. Use the blogging ideas pdf I bought in 2012.
- I am doing ok. Keeping up. I hope to do better. I have finished one book about blogging I wanted to read, I have a few others, I have some blogs I am reading, I have some friends that are helping me. I got a post done this week about our Science curriculum and it wasn't linked to anything!!! Yippee!
- Work on some crafts just for me. Things I have wanted to do, work on, make. Some from Pinterest, some will be things I have been working on already or wanting to do for a while.
- Spend at least one day a month scrapbooking, digital or paper.
- Play at least one board game a month with someone in the family.
- Keep up with planning and ordering any materials Christopher needs for school.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily assigned work and making sure he completes everything assigned to him, log it into my school log, and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Check periodically on Christopher's hours for school. I don't want to have to do his transcript all in his Sr. year.
3 Not Done
Previous Month's Updates
January Jots ~ Yearly Goal Update
February Fun ~ Yearly Goal Update
Merry March - Yearly Goals Update
Accomplished April - Yearly Goals Update
May Memorandum ~ Yearly Goals Update
June Jumble ~ Yearly Goal Update
If you made goals, make goals, or want to set goals post them on your blog and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
all content on my blog is ©