Monday, August 19, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Read, Read, Read

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than before." Polybius

I don't want to quit just before I reach my goals. How about you?

I had a really, really bad week emotionally. I actually quit blogging one day and started back up the next. I knew I should not make that decision while I was so emotional... but I just could not help it. If you missed the excitement I did 2 posts and you can check them out.

Besides that I did pretty well this week. I still have some things that I wanted to get done and did not accomplish... like that cake... but I did make 2 cakes for the family instead. We ALL really enjoyed them... we are still enjoying them. I made them because my sister-in-law was coming for an overnight stay.

I have a review due this week and I have to read the books before I do it. I also have many books I am reading for school and personal reading so that is why I titled this post Read, Read, Read.


Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community. 

My top priorities are marked with a *

If you need directions on how to join in... see my GPM page up above.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading(Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. I am starting Confessions of a Prayer Slacker for my next book. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013.  Done
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher. Done
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY. Done
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science! Done
Fitness Goals
  1. I must get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii. Done - I exercise once.... I want to do more this week.
  2. *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! I know... I have said it so many times you are sick of seeing it. So am I and I want to eat the cake so I hope to get this done early this week. Not Done
  3. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done
Blog Goals  
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Done
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.  Not Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.  Not Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.   Not Done
  5. Work on the week 2 post for the Not Back to School Blog Hop. Not Done
  6. Work on the week 3 post for the Not Back to School Blog Hop. Not Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. Done - lots and lots... check out my Goodreads account
  2. Save files to external drive.... time to get back to doing this and get it finished so I can set up a weekly schedule to keep up and not get so far behind that it takes WEEKS to back up my stuff.  Not Done
  3. Doodle Done- I made a doodle for one of the friends of my daughters. I can't post it until I know she received it... I don't want to spoil the surprise... just in case she checks out my blog.
  4. Work on, maybe even finish, 2 digital scrapbook pages for my Creative Team 'job'. I have a school kit and I have not made time to work on it. Not Done
For this week that is 10 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 8 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading(Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. I am starting Confessions of a Prayer Slacker for my next book. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. 
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks.
  3. Finish reading Overwhelmed and get the review and giveaway posted on my blog. This is Spiritual (because it is a spiritual book) and reading and blog. I couldn't decide what section to post it in... so I posted it at the top. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher.
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY.
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science!
Fitness Goals
  1. I must get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii.
  2. *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! I know... I have said it so many times you are sick of seeing it. So am I and I want to eat the cake so I hope to get this done early this week.
  3. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals  
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. 
  2. Blog only what I want to blog about except for...
  3. A review and giveaway I have due this week.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. 
  2. Work on, maybe even finish, 2 digital scrapbook pages for my Creative Team 'job'. I have a school kit and I have not made time to work on it. I looked at the kit and it has some things missing. The scrapbook blog owner is going to send me the missing parts... then I want to do the pages and get them posted here on the blog.
  3. Hang the crochet heart Rachel made me and the wooden box I decorated a while back.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails