Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - August 10

HMJ Logo 500x484
It has been a while since I have done one of these. I decided to do it since we started school 2 weeks ago and I like doing this link-up.

In my life this week…
I went with my husband on Wednesday to his physical therapy appointment so we could both go to a nutrition class they have once a month and suggest you take... only to find that the class is NEXT week. LOL At least I got a lot of reading done.

In our homeschool this week…
Do Wop boards for Friendly Chemistry, quitting a curriculum I won from a giveaway (at least until I contact the company and they get some things fixed) and ordering something else we can depend on, lots of reading, Bible together, The Wise Woman book by George MacDonald for Building Life Relationships. Today my son Christopher said that he was struggling with having so many classes where he was just reading. I offered to read one subject of his choice to him. He chose Historical Fiction. So today we started reading Path of the Pale Horse by Paul Fleischman. It's about the yellow fever epidemic in America just after the Revolutionary War. Reading to him will help me with my reading goals for the year as well.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
it's ok to quit a curriculum that is causing you trouble... even if it is only the first week of school... and buy something you know will work for you. I was lucky that the thing that was not working was something free, but even if I paid for it I would have quit using it. I have a lot of things to talk to the company about, a new small homeschooling company, and I don't want to cause them troubles before I contact them... so I am keeping the name a secret for now. If I don't get the problems/concerns I have take care of I WILL let my reader know to avoid this curriculum.

I am inspired by…
people who can write spiritual blog posts. I have some thoughts and then I think I am not as good as... I don't want to write it because I may get flack because of it and I can't handle any more stress now... I think, maybe, the thoughts I had during my devotions are just for me.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
going.no.where.
seeing.no.one.

My favorite thing this week was…
reading to Christopher this past week.

My kiddos favorite thing this week was… 
Home and Life Management... reading Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man

What’s working/not working for us… 
the program we quit was not working... already talked about that. Everything else is going well.

Questions/thoughts I have…
When will our new English program come in... Windows to the World: An Introduction to Literary Analysis [Teacher/Student Combo] from IEW

Things I’m working on…
digital scrapbook pages,
doodling,
saving files to my external drive.

I’m reading…
Grow Old With Me by Melinda Evaul
and lots more... see my Goodreads widget on my sidebar for more books.

I’m cooking…
I HOPE to cook my WW Fat Free Chocolate Cake tomorrow

I’m praying for…
friends struggling in their marriages,
a young girl struggling with emotions over relationship troubles,
our future.

I'm grateful for...
the wonderful time I have had with my hubby lately, especially reading Quitting Church which I got free on my Kindle.

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Chemistry 101

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

This quote has really challenged me this week. I posted it for my Goal Planning Monday linky post on Monday. Do I find a way or make excuses.... to often it is the latter.


 all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails