Thursday and Friday we did part of school. I told the boys we would do the important subjects and then jump into all 12 boxes on Monday. So we did:
- Bible - We are doing Dallas High School N.T. book. We are in the last week of Christ's earthly life, just before his death and resurrection. We read in all the gospels about the farewell discourse to His disciples and then the agony in Gethsemane and the betrayal, arrest, and desertion by the disciples.
- History - We are in the 1620's with the landing of the pilgrims. We read Making 13 Colonies ch. 13-14 and then I started reading Homes in the Wilderness. We got to page 46. We will finish it up on Monday. It is nice to hear what is happening from the journals of someone who was there. The boys are also doing independent reading for this time period... I need to check on Monday and see where they are with that. I had extra books that I was not going to have time to read and I told them to read one or more of them and they both decided to read them all. We will see if they follow through or not... but they have to at least read one. I will let you know next week which books they are reading. I don't remember right now and I am upstairs... and it is getting late... I want to get this done.
- Historical Fiction - We are reading Lion of the North by G. A. Henty. We read ch. 18 and 19.
- Science - We are studying light right now... part of our Physical Science unit for the year. We are doing the TOPS book on Light. The boys did lessons 9-12. I set up the experiments in a white washtub with all the items they will need each day so they have no excuse not to get the experiments done.
- The boys also did their math, grammar and writing.
So that was our week... now off to bed and then tomorrow I need to plan next weeks school, after church.
all content on my blog is ©