Sunday, January 9, 2011

Perspective

Isaiah 53:3-5 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." 
Colossians 1:14  "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"

We have been studying the life of Christ for Bible. My son Christopher and daughter Jessica (21yo) have been wanting to watch Passion of the Christ since we purchased our own copy a few months ago. Jessica was too young to watch the movie when my husband, daughter Rachel and I went to see it in the theater. Christopher decided he was ready to see it, he is 14yo... son Nathan did not want to watch it yet (he is 16)... we did not make him. They watched the whole thing except for when they put the nails in his hands, when the crows pecked out the thief's eyes and when they pierced Christ's side. 

I do not know how it will impact my kids. Jessica said that it would set her year off right... just like she thought. I plan to spend some time talking with them in the next few days. I know it affected me. It always does. I cried and cried. I am so unworthy to be called a child of God. He sacrificed so much for me. I want to do more to honor the Lord and to point to his Glory this coming year. He has done so much for me. This movie more than any other puts things into proper prospective for me. It is not a movie that I would watch over and over, but once a year it is very beneficial.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails