Wednesday, June 2, 2010

365-151-153 Prayer Book



I made this prayer book based on two things.
Our Ladies Bible Study was reading A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World, in one of the chapters he talks about making prayer cards. Two of the Ladies in our Bible Study made books with scrapbook materials to put their prayer cards in. I wanted one too. I love scrapbooking and this seemed like a great way to combine my love of scrapbooking and my love for God.

This also completes one of the things on my to-do list for the summer... see the list here.

First I covered the book with wallpaper samples that my sister gave me.



Then I covered the inside of the book with a piece of cardstock to make it look neat

Then I added a piece of decorative wallpaper to the front
and back to make it pretty.


Then I made pockets to hold the prayer cards
Most of them are self explanatory
Hubby

My Kids


Prayers for and about Me


Our/My Work... prayers for a future business.

















So now I am adding to the prayer pockets by writing my prayer cards.
I like this set up because it is easy to make new cards and get rid of the old ones.
I am thinking of getting a card file to keep old prayer cards in that I don't want in the pockets anymore.
I also have extra, blank white pages in case I want to add future pages.
Have a great week and let me know what you think of my prayer book,
Debbie

New Note: I added this to the Stitching, Sketching, Scrapping Sunday meme here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your prayer book is awesome - and so, my dear sister, are you! Love you, Chris

Tracy said...

Fabulous!

Sew Can Do said...

What a great use for wallpaper. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday - would love if you grabbed the party button:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to Stitching, Sketching, Scraping Sundays! I love this idea and will likely start one up for myself.

Denise said...

Great idea~ I love these!

Wendy Kaye said...

This looks really cool! I think I'd like to try my hand at it! I also think it would be a good idea for the kids (I am thinking my daughter, and my 10 yo son might especially be interested).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails