Monday, January 12, 2009

New Hit Counter

The other day my dd Jessica noticed that the hit counter on her new writing blog Literary Pursuits was missing. Then she looked on the blog she shares with dd Rachel Young Homemakers and it to was missing. Then she, of course, checked mine.

We found out the counter that we had chosen, which was fine, and free, also did not save at the turning of the new year.

So we have switched hit counters to one that tracks over the years and has ways to look at your stats for the past 30 days, this month, last year, by country, by browser and by operating system (the last is interesting but not really helpful to me in any way).

The thing that is bugging me, and I know it is a little thing, is that there is no way to know how high my counter was on this blog before it crashed. I just started my blog last April and I think I was nearing 10,000 now I am at 20 or so. Well that just bugs me. I was so excited to reach 100 and to reach 1000 and to reach 5000 and now to start all over Free Smileys just makes me sad. Oh well, I will have to put up with it and concentrate on making my blogs interesting so you all keep coming back and some day I will get to 10,000; maybe.

Thanks for letting me vent. Free Smileys
I feel better now.Free Smileys
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there thanks for the comment. The link for the button has a total of 3 *. You have to take out each of them, I think it should work then. If not that is okay, I can link to your page if you leave me a comment when you post. I am sooooooo excited you are joining it is great encouragment to know there is someone else out there. As I ride on my bike, when I want to get off I think of those who comment or post and I keep on going. This past two weeks has been hard, so I need some motivation.
Be blessed,
Chasity
Be blessed,
Chasity

Anonymous said...

Oh I just read about the counter, bummer. I will have to look at mine...I had not even checked this year. Sorry.
Be blessed,
Chasity

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails