Sunday, January 11, 2009

Homeschool Memoirs #16: Candy

This is an old Memoir,
one that I missed doing
and am getting caught up on.
It was from Dec. 3, 2008.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/hm16.png
THEME:
This week it’s seriously going to be just fun. This week share your favourite candies.

God’s Word is also like sweetness to our souls. His sweet love, forgiveness, comfort, peace, and more is what makes our lives seem a little more bearable when things get rough. Whenever you eat your sweet piece of goodness remember that God loves you and will always be there when life seems sour.
Share a scripture for this week as well. One that lifts you up when you’re feeling discouraged.
MY THEME:
Well, I Love Candy. That is one of the reasons I have soooooo much weight to loose. I cannot blame it on the candy alone however, because no piece of candy ever attacked me and forced me to eat it!!! LOL Neither did the cheesecake, or cookies, or bread, or cake... etc., etc. I am trying to cut back and have been exercising starting last week and will be weighing myself tomorrow morning since most of the candy, cookies and other goodies from Christmas are gone.
I do not have a favorite candy... I have several... ok I have many!!! LOL
Here is a list of some of my favorites though I will eat most any kind that does not have coconut. I will not make you suffer with pictures of them all... just a few. They are in no particular order, just the order they came into my mind:
LifeSavers Gummies (both five flavor and wild berry),

Lindt Chocolates (especially white chocolate, mint, and peanut butter),


Butterfinger Crisp,

Take 5 (love these... they have ALL the good stuff in them)
Ferrero Rocher,
Twix (more candy with caramel in it), Reece's Pieces, Baby Ruth, One Hundred Grand Bar, Riesen, M&M's (peanut and almond only I don't often waste calories on the plain ones), Snickers (I like Snickers with Almonds best but original is good too), 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - White Chocolate, Raisinets, Rolos Chewy Caramels (oops even more caramels), Toblerone, Wonka Bar (we love the old version of Willy Wonka), York Peppermint Patties, Jr. Mints, Hershey's Symphony with Almonds and Toffee, anything caramel (especially Junior Caramels and Caramel Creams), Whoppers (original and Reese's Peanut Butter), Swedish Fish,
Heath Bar or SKOR both are toffee bars, both made by Hershey taste almost the same but I like Heath a little bit better,
Cadbury Caramel Eggs (only available around Easter, oops more caramel),
and our favorite day trip to Lititz, PA: Wilbur Chocolate Factory
I usually get: Peanutbutter Meltaways and Chocolate Covered Caramels, we usually get a bag of Wilbur Buds as a family and then each member gets to pick one bag (or a $$ limit of candy). I would love to get their Liquid Bath Soap that is made with real cocoa
powder. YUM!!! It is not for eating... but to bath in chocolate... what a luxury.
Well that is enough of a list though I am SURE I left some out!!
Now for the verse, the one popped in my head as soon as I read to add a verse was Psalm 19:9 - 10 "The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."
but that is not a verse that lifts me up when I feel discouraged. So I choose these.

Romans 8:28-39 (King James Version)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Have a Sweet week with your Savior and Lord,
Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails