Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??
Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.
A pretty good first week of January. Actually, a really good first week of January. I just hope I can end the year as well or better than I have started. This is what I want this year... I am tired of quitting on things and then being disappointed with myself and my life.
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. This year I plan to read through Proverbs each month, 31 chapters 31 days (on shorter months I have to do a 2 chapters on a few days to keep up. This was suggested in The Richest Man Who Ever Lived that hubby and I started reading. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. I started it today. Done - finished Prov. ch. 7 this morning, I am really getting a lot out of it already. Prayer time is going better, I am thanking the Lord for his characteristics, for who he is and what he has done for me as well as asking for things I need for myself, my family and my friends. Desiring God is better, even, than I thought it would be and I am still doing the questions for the Introduction. This book will not be a quick read. There is a lot to digest and the questions are deep as well. It will be an enjoyable journey through the book however.
- Read more of The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness to/with my hubby. Not Done
- Done - I added a goal to participate in and complete the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.
- Done - I also added participating in a Bible memory group on Facebook. We choose our own verse(s) for the challenge. We post a verse or passage on the 1st and the 15th of each month... thus we memorize 24 verses/passages in 2013. I am already working on my first passage. When I posted the verses I was going to memorize, Psalm 5:1-3in the KJV, a fellow participant told me about a song by Maranatha singers that is an exact quote of Psalm 5:1-3 in the KJV. Once she mentioned it I immediately remembered it and went looking. Here is the song for your listening pleasure.
- Prep for school...starting back on the 4th of January. I at least need something for those first 2 days. Then I will have the weekend to prep some more. Done
- Order books for Christopher from the library, he needs history and science. Done
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Not Done
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
- Post Think Back Thursday. Done
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
- Done - I forgot to add my fitness goals. I exercised for 15 min on the Wii 2 times last week. I want to be much more consistent this year in exercising. I do have a goal to actually loose weight, I hope to loose 30 lbs this year, but more importantly I want to be more fit. I want to keep on and not quit. I want to end the year healthier, skinnier, and feeling better.
- Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Done
- Read, Read, Read Done - I finished my first book of the year on Sunday night during candlelight reading time.
- Work on my prayer book, I have some pages I want to change. Pray is my word for 2013 and I want my prayer book ready to go. Done - Jessica was scrapbooking and had most of the stuff out and spread all over the kitchen table on Sunday afternoon. So, I just had to take a few stickers and my prayer book down to the table and join her. We had a really good time together, it was a lovely afternoon. I will be doing a post with pictures and links this week.
- I have a project to work on for my mom/sister. I have my mom's devotionals to scan and either print bigger (because she can't see them the size they are) or make into an e-pub so she can read them on her Nook. I only have until Friday night to get it done too... so I will be spending a lot of time on it for the next 3 days. Done - I am counting this as done because I spent a lot of time on Thursday night and Friday working on this. It did not work out, but I tried. I made one page from her book into an e-pub but it only showed up white and it would not resize on the page so my Mom could not read it. She used black background and the largest print. I also tried printing the pages for her but my printer was leaving a lighter spot in the middle of the page and she could not read the page in that spot ... so it was a no go on the printing also.
- Done - Play one board game a month with someone in the family. We played our new game Would You Rather? again on Friday with my Mom before she left.
My goals for this coming week:
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper.
- Read more of The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness.
- Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.
- Work on memorizing Psalm 5:1-3 in the KJV.
- Keep up with planning and ordering materials for school.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in.
- Check Christopher's hours for his school subjects so I know how much he has done, how much he still needs to do in the next 80 days or so of school.
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
- Post Think Back Thursday.
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
- Post a blog post that is not linked to a meme.
- I want to exercise every day... some days will be longer than others. I want to do at least 15 minutes on 5 days and something the other days. I hope to work up to doing much more than this.
- Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
- Read, Read, Read
- Work on saving files to my external drive. I have a lot to do because I have not kept up with it as I should.
all content on my blog is ©