Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 101


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

Not such a great week as far as getting my goals done... otherwise it was a great week. I spent a lot of time with my family. Christmas Day and New Years Eve were especially fun. The week just went by way to fast.


My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband I have more to read this week if I want to finish this by Dec. 31. Done - I finished the book before Dec. 31st, YEAH!
  2. Read  The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness to/with my hubby.We have not started this yet, hopefully we will be able to this week. Done  - hubby and I finally started reading this. The book is upstairs so I don't know what chapter we are on.
Homeschool Goals
  1. We are on Christmas break now. Before we start back on Jan. 3 I do need to prep a little science, at least to have something to start on for the 3rd-4th. Not Done - I only have one day to figure out what to have Christopher do for Thursday and Friday. I also found out that even though I gave Christopher work to do for the last 2 days of school, I had been sick all that week and was still recovering on the couch, he skipped it. I am not sure I will be ready for him to do school on Thursday but I will find SOMETHING, because him skipping school because I was sick is so annoying. I will not give him the pleasure of more vacation days.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Not Done - where did the week go. I didn't even link up last week's post until yesterday because she didn't have her post up when I got mine done and then with Christmas Eve. and Christmas Day and my mom visiting I just never thought about it again.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Not Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Not Done... yet. I still have time though, before this week's post is due.
  5. Participate in some memes that I have wanted to do again. Not Done
  6. Post my last reading post for 2012. Done
  7. Post my last update for my yearly goals for 2012... I wonder how I did on my goals??  Done
  8. I also need to work on a post for my goals for 2013. I want that ready for the 1st or 2nd at the latest. Done - just posted it.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Not Done
  2. Read, Read, Read Done
  3. Work on an ornament for a friend. Not Done - sorry Michelle
  4. Work on my prayer book, I have some pages I want to change. Pray is my word for 2013 and I want my prayer book ready to go. Not Done - I really want to get this done.
  5. Spend time with my hubby, kids and mom. I don't have much money to spend this year so time will be my currency. Done -  this is one I didn't have any trouble working on... the other stuff... well a lot got missed this week.
For this week that is  8 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 8 Not Done

Well, it felt like a good week. I got some reading done and spent a lot of time with the family.... the rest was either not so important or it will get done this week or in the future.



My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. This year I plan to read through Proverbs each month, 31 chapters 31 days (on shorter months I have to do a 2 chapters on a few days to keep up. This was suggested in The Richest Man Who Ever Lived that hubby and I started reading. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. I started it today.
  2. Read more of The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness to/with my hubby.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Prep for school...starting back on the 4th of January. I at least need something for those first 2 days. Then I will have the weekend to prep some more.
  2. Order books for Christopher from the library, he needs history and science.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
  2. Read, Read, Read
  3. Work on my prayer book, I have some pages I want to change. Pray is my word for 2013 and I want my prayer book ready to go.
  4. I have a project to work on for my mom/sister. I have my mom's devotionals to scan and either print bigger (because she can't see them the size they are) or make into an e-pub so she can read them on her Nook. I only have until Friday night to get it done too... so I will be spending a lot of time on it for the next 3 days.
That's it for this week. How about you? It's a new year!!! A great time to set some goals and work to attain them... join us. Click the link at the top of the page. 


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails