Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- I have been reading How People Change for my daily devotions and there is a study guide also. Once I finish How People Change I will be doing The Resolution for Women. I don't know if I will be reading a book of the Bible as well or if the Resolution has enough Bible Study in it as it is. I have to look more closely at it.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year. I am going to be taking this off my goals. I will continue exercising but I cannot control my diet as we are struggling financially and the cupboards and the freezer are almost empty.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. Nope.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. We finished reading Exploring the World Around You: A Look at Nature from Tropics to Tundra for Science. Then Christopher decided he like reading better on his own. I miss reading aloud to my kids and having only one student is strange, but I have to do what is best for him, not what is best for me. I have a couple books we started reading together and I want to finish. I will be working on them.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now, but that is ok since the goal was only to read 1 or 2 health and fitness books this year.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. Not Done. I bought Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help. I just need to make time to write the things I have on my heart.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan meals. I am taking this off my goal list also. It is impossible to meal plan right now. We will get back to meal planning when we are doing better financially.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet. I don't think I will be able to accomplish any of them. I don't have the funds. I do need to work on a baby gift and get somethings going for Christmas gifts as well.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. We are back to school and I recorded most of the work. I am a little bit behind but will catch up before this day is done, it is the next thing on my to-do list.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. Done. I checked how many hours credit Christopher has for Computer class and he needs more so he is working to finish that. I need to do a count of his hours soon so I know how the year is going. I want to do a check on his hours at least once every 9 weeks and we are starting week 7 so I have 2 weeks to get this done. I definitely have to do it before the next yearly goal update.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Done! Nathan graduated in June.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. We have not been doing this lately but I have spent time with the kids. I spent a day with Christopher last week for Not Back-to-School day. We played games and had a lot of fun.
3 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
Monthly Update List
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ May, I'm late
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ June Update... better late than never
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ July was ok
all content on my blog is ©