If you are interested, Saturday I updated my yearly goals... I do this at the beginning of each month... here is the link: Yearly Goals Update ~ April. Doing the weekly goals meme is helping me achieve more of my yearly goals. I am doing much better than this time last year. I am pleased.
I was pretty down this past week, therefore I did not get as much accomplished as I had hoped. I did work on all my goals but one from last week however, so that is pretty good.
My goals from last week with updates on how I did (updates are highlighted in yellow):
- Work on my need/want list for school for next year. Hard to believe that after 20 years of homeschooling there is still books that I want and don't have. There is always something new out there... or old books that are being reprinted, I love those. Also, there are some workbooks for regularly used programs that I need to get. Christopher will need the Easy Grammar Plus Workbook and Nathan will need LIFEPAC® High School Health Unit 1 Worktext, Unit 2 Worktext, Unit 3 Worktext, Unit 4 Worktext, Unit 5 Worktext Each book Retail Price: $4.75. Those I know I need... now to figure out what else we will need. I started working on this but have a lot more to do still.
- Exercise at least 4 days and I want at least one of them to be a 45 minute workout and at least one to be over an hour. I exercised 4 days. Monday 46 min, Wednesday 1 hour 4 min., Thursday 34 min. and Saturday 35 minutes.
- Work on reading Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp and Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella. The first book is for knowledge and help in my parenting the other is my next "personal reading for fun" fiction book. I don't know if I will finish either but I want to make time to read them both. Hopefully I can finish them soon. I read both books but still did not finish Age of Opportunity. But, I am on chapter 11 out of 13. I should finish in the next week or so. For Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella I am on chapter 11of 46.
- Log books into my Book Collector software. First I want to log in books that are in boxes. I want to get the boxes of books out of my bedroom and out of the hallway. I will be putting numbers on the boxes and noting the numbers of the box in the Book Collector information, they have a spot to type in book location, so I know where the book is if I need it for something. I am continuing to work on this... this will be a really long range project.
- Have my day with Christopher. Play games, board or computer, whatever Christopher wants to do. Christopher gets to have a special treat, for now the treat is Tootsie Roll Pops. I keep them just for when I have my special days with the kids, when they are gone I will get something else, but I try and pick something that does not tempt me to go off my diet... therefore I will not pick Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, or something like that. We did not do our day together last week. I hope to do it this week. It will be one of my goals again.
Since I did not finish any of my goals from last week my goals for this week are the same as last weeks. Some of these projects will take many weeks but I hope to finish Age of Opportunity completely this week and have my day with Christopher too.
My goals for this coming week are to:
- Work on my need/want list for school for next year.
- Exercise at least 4 days and I want at least one of them to be a 45 minute workout and at least one to be over an hour.
- Work on reading Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp and Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella.
- Log books into my Book Collector software.
- Have my day with Christopher.
all content on my blog is ©