Thursday, December 9, 2010

Meme for entering a contest to win a sleighful of gifts

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What is your holiday wish for your family? That we would have happiness and togetherness, unity and fun, getting along and sharing, giving more than getting, character more than things.
 
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition? We celebrate Christmas. The kids and my mom (she visits most years) sit on the stairs while my hubby and I go downstairs. We turn on Christmas music, turn on the Christmas tree lights, and make sure everything is ready. I take a picture of those on the stairs. Everyone comes down and we open our stockings first... one person at a time. Then we start handing out gifts. One gift for each person and we all watch while we open one gift at a time. Opening gifts does take a while but it is important for us to slow things down and appreciate each gift. We don't buy so much that it takes all morning... but it does take a while. Then we start cooking Christmas brunch. We have pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrapple, eggs, o.j. and milk. Sometimes we also have sticky buns or another sweet treat, but not usually. Sometimes because we know it takes so long to cook our brunch we have ready made quick thing we can eat while we open gifts to tide us over til we eat the brunch. Brunch is usually ready around 11 or 12. After that we chill out, play with our Christmas stuff. We have crackers, cheese, veggies, and fruit for dinner, no cooking since we cook a big breakfast, it makes for a relaxing day so we can spent the time together, and we have a trays and tins of Christmas cookies to munch on throughout the day.

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Oh, My... I don't really know. Oh wait... yes I do. I would want to take my family and my mom on a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands. My dad was in Hawaii during WWII. He always wanted to go back and take my mom. He never got to. In college I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii with a group of kids and a teacher to study Geology and Ecology of Hawaii. My mom helped me be able to take that once in a lifetime trip. It was awesome. Ever since I have said that I wanted to take my mom, I would also like to take my hubby and kids. My brother did a cruise around Hawaii. That is the way to go because you get to explore a number of the islands but your "hotel room" goes with you.


4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? We watch movies, play games, spend time together, go to church, and do Advent devotions as a family. In the past I have used the links to free resources, that I posted the last few days, to make up Christmas Unit Studies to make homeschooling in December fun and stress free.


5. What games did you play with your family growing up? Wow you are really taxing my brain... Monopoly, Clue, Sorry, card games like war and crazy eights, checkers,

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?  Big Christmas breakfast... Mom used to have as many as her kids, their spouse and kids (her grandkids), that could make it come for Christmas breakfast at her house. Now we have the big breakfast at our house... my siblings don't usually come, though my sister has come for breakfast a couple of years and brought my nephew and his wife one year. We also go to church Christmas Eve which we did some years growing up... if my sister-in-law and brother were not having a Christmas Eve party.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? Williamsburg??? Hawaii?? Florida/Disney?? I don't know I have never been away for Christmas except a couple years growing up we went to visit my brother and his family in Kentucky.

8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? Biggest Loser for the Wii, Wipeout for the Wii, and EA Sports Active stuff for the Wii. 


Well that is my answers to the questions. Hundreds of people have entered this contest so my chances of winning are slim... but it costs nothing but time to enter so... there you go.


Go by TodaysMama and see/enter the giveaway with lots of stuff from GameStop.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails