Monday, June 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - June 29,2009


FOR TODAY... Monday, June 29, 2009

Outside my window... white fluffy clouds and lots of sun! YEAH

I am thinking... about all the work I have to do and the little amount of time before we start school again.

I am thankful for... the fact that I have my mom still alive and that I got to spend time with her this past weekend. There are more signs of her aging every day and things have had to be watched over by my sister more and more now that she is 86. She will be driving only until spring of 2010 and I pray for her safety as she continues to drive locally.

From the learning rooms... still finishing up things from last year and planning next year. Some of the curriculum for next year is on order and I can't wait to get it.

From the kitchen... we had a picnic with our growth group yesterday (Rachel made potato salad) and we have my sons 15th birthday to celebrate this coming weekend, so we have many things to get ready for that.

I am wearing... tan pants, blue short sleeved top, crocs.

I am creating... History Unit Study with Mystery of History III as a base.

I am going... no where special this week, only to the library today and Thursday.

I am reading... The White Company by Sir Arthur Canon Doyle.

I am hoping... my curriculum comes in soon, waiting is the hardest part.

I am hearing... Little House on the Prairie Season 3 Disc 1 - The Collection (on DVD) on my computer.

Around the house... nothing much, normal chores and cleaning.

One of my favorite things... time with my Mom each day is precious.

A few plans for the rest of the week: blogging, planning our History for next year - making my own Unit Study Plans, working on Portfolios, and waiting for my curriculum to come in.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


One of my birthday gifts. My daughters made this frame for me.




Our Hostess, Peggy, is taking off for the summer but I am going to keep doing my Daybook.
It is one of the highlights of my week. Visit out Hostess at The Simple Woman's Daybook. During the Summer Grandmother Wren is doing a Mr. Linky at her site, so after you check out the Hostees's site you can go to Grandmother Wren to link up your posts and read others.

Debbie

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

It really is a beautiful day, isn't it!?

I'm so glad your mom is close enough for you to visit her. Each visit matters.

I am so glad that Derek had asked me about doing the Superman show at our reception, otherwise I bet I would have been upset with him. My dad did something, and I tried to tell him to tell his new wife, but he didn't...I don't know how she felt about it, but I would have HATED it! At least the minister knew ahead of time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails