Sunday, March 22, 2009

Encouraging Scripture

Yesterday, my family and I were out in the car on our way to Winterthur to walk around on Rachel's Birthday and had stopped at Wawa for a minute. The kids all went in with my husband and I stayed in the car. They were taking longer than I thought they would and I was getting bored of watching the people so I grabbed the New Testament and Psalms my husband had in the car and opened to a Psalm and this is what I read was very encouraging to me and so I decided to share this little moment I had with God while waiting at Wawa.

scripture in green ... my thoughts to the Lord in blue

I read: Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." (convicting!!) Your praise is not continually in my mouth. Complaining seems the be the order of the day for me these days... I know that is not good Lord, I am sorry.

verse 2-3 "My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exhalt his name together." I am sorry I have not been magnifying your name Lord and doing it with my children, especially, throughout the day.

verse 4" I sought the Lord, and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears." I then repeated this in prayer about 5 times.

verse 5 "They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed."

verse 6 "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles."
This I repeated in prayer to the Lord 5 or 6 times. Then I thought of some of our troubles and prayed for the Lord to help us.

verse 7- 10 "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing." Then I said this over a time or two in prayer .

Then I meditated on all the verses again and just let them sink into my soul.

I hope these verses encourage you as you face the week ahead.
Time for bed,
School and many other things ahead this week,

God Bless my Online Friends,
Amen


Debbie

2 comments:

Sheri said...

they did-I too have been doing the complaint thing-ugly but true. I have also been letting the worship slip-not good either...

Hey, did ya know about the blog carnival going? Go to my hsingonawingandaprayer blog, should be the first post...join it and it is fun...you get new traffic and hopefully some new bloggie pals too. I have found some great ones to follow-and it is up to the 27th-check it out!
Blessings

Kristen said...

Great Scriptures! Thanks for sharing them and for your sweet comment the other day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails