Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??
Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.
Goal Planning Monday has a new home - the banner above will take you to the new home for Goal Planning Monday @ Real Life Unscripted even though it says it is @ mamamanuscripts. I changed the link to send you to the new place.
A really good week as far as accomplishing things. Not so great relationship wise. But, we survived and got things done that were on the schedule/goal list to get completed.
My Goals from last week and how I did:
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual boo. I finished The Resolution for Women and went on to continue reading Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband which I already started but have not made much progress on. It only has 12 chapters but I will not be reading a whole chapter a day. If I finish 2 chapters a week I can finish it in 2012 and then start a new book in 2013... that is my goal. Done - I had a good week. I finished The Resolution for Women and I got a chapter of Promises Promises read and the questions done as well... so that is good.
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. Done- We are ahead and reading December's devotions now. We still have to choose what to read next. We have a week or 2 to decide.
- Make sure Christopher works on the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here. Done - He is finished rainforests now and this coming week will be doing deserts.
- Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet. Done
- We will be taking off Thurs. and Fri. for Thanksgiving break. Done - I also figured
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Done - I commented @ Kym's Blog at Kym Possible and @
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
- Prep Think Back Thursday and have it scheduled to post early am Thursday because I will be busy with the turkey and won't have time 'til later in the day. I want it up early so the ladies can link up whenever they have time. Done
- Post Think Back Thursday. Done - and I posted possible themes for Dec. Thanks to one of my regular participants I will change one of the themes add her suggestion, which she left in her comment.
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
- Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Done -
- Read, Read, Read. Done - still reading The Face of God by Bill Myers. If you want to see all the books I am reading and my reviews check out my Goodreads account. You can friend me if you have an account and we aren't friends yet.
- Log in books and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom.
Done - I got all the books logged in and all the tubs put into the basement.
- I am adding this goal because I also got a lot of cleaning and organizing done in my bedroom. Things are all cleaned up and organized. I put things in small tubs and boxes so that I can access them faster and easier and it keeps things looking neater. I cleaned up all the stuff in front of my dresser/closet and things look much better now.
- Work on my Christmas ornament. Done - This is what where I was at the beginning of the week. This is where I am now. I still have work to do and more projects after this. I hope to spend a little time each day working on these projects in the coming weeks.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with my family without stress, if possible. Done - without stress, nope. Without any arguments, nope... but the arguers were reconciled and things ended up fine in the end. I enjoyed the leftovers on Friday more though, it is so much less stressful. Next year I want to start earlier, I was not so happy eating so late. I didn't even have any pie after dinner. I am glad my hubby decided that since dinner was going to be late we should have a piece of apple pie and ice cream in the early afternoon! It was really good.
- Put up the Christmas decorations on Black Friday. Have to get it done early because ds has to go to work at 4pm. Done - we put up the decorations but not Black Friday. My son asked if we could do it on Sunday instead because he wanted to help and had to work Fri. and Sat. Just like I suspected we could have done it on Friday because he did very little. He only carried the boxes down from the attic and then back up after we were done. I am glad it is all done. Things are so stressful in our home these days that normal traditions are not any fun any more. I was a day full of arguments, stress and tears.
- Enjoy the long weekend with my family. Spend some time with them... don't spend all the time working. Done - though I don't know how much enjoyment we all got. The only real enjoyment I got was in seeing it done, finally, and in reading in the living room with a few candles, the Christmas tree lights on, and as little other light as we could manage with, on Sunday night. But, since we didn't really spend much time together, due to the arguments, I got a LOT of work done.
My goals for this coming week:
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night.
- Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet.
- Check out what books we will need for History and Science and order them from the library.
- Make sure he has all that he needs for school this week: desert activities and books, a hymn for hymn study and anything else I think of.
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
- Post Think Back Thursday.
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
- Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
- Read, Read, Read.
- Work on my Christmas ornament.
- Work on my prayer book, I have some pages I want to change.
- Get some of my boxes and notebooks covered with wallpaper scraps my sister sent me.
all content on my blog is ©