Monday, November 5, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 93


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

Goal Planning Monday has a new home - the banner above will take you to the new home for Goal Planning Monday @ Real Life Unscripted even though it says it is @ mamamanuscripts. I changed the link to send you to the new place.

What a week. We survived the hurricane. We did fine. We were not in the worst of it.
Then Thursday night we lost power, not because of the hurricane, but because someone hit a telephone pole in our neighborhood. They had to turn everything off to replace the pole and the wires. It took them more than 24 hours to fix, though we were only about 12 hours without power, we were 24+ hours without Internet. I wrote a post about it here - Without Power. The rest of the week I didn't really get much done. I did get a little cleaning done, and I did get some reading done, and I did get one and 1/2 more Christmas ornaments done. I plan to make this a better week.   

Hubby if you are reading this there is a picture of your Christmas ornament on this page. If you don't want to see it then stop reading now, if you don't care then read on, it doesn't really matter to me.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals    
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women . Partly Done - I actually did terribly with my devotions this past week. I did a lot of praying, but not much Bible reading and I didn't read my Resolution for Women book at all. Though I shortened my goals on my blog I want to write them down for myself just like I was doing on here before. I have to keep myself more accountable, I didn't write my goals down and let things go that should have gotten done no matter what.
  2. Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. Done - Hubby and I are all caught up. He likes reading 2 devotionals a night so we will keep that up and be ahead now and finish the book early. Then we will start another book, we like this time we spend on spiritual things together before bed.
Homeschool Goals 
School will be hit and miss until the Hurricane passes. If we have power later in the week I want to make sure Christopher works on the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here. Done - it was very hit or miss. I would even say more miss than hit. I did, however, make something that I think will help.   I made a reusable school sheet for Christopher to fill out daily. It lists his 12 assignments, they used to be his 12 workboxes. I laminated the paper so he can use a write-on wipe-off marker to write what he has done for each of the subjects. Now he can't come up and say, "I forgot to do science" when I ask about his work. He is not using his workboxes because we are not doing school together in the dining room any more. He just keeps his work in the basement. I did make up one box for him to use to keep all his stuff in and he will be using that and bringing the assignment sheet and some of his actual work to me each day before he gets his computer from me.


Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday, if I have power. Partly Done - only partly done because I forgot to go back and see if anyone linked up later, after I had commented. So I commented @ our hostess's blog at Real Life Unscripted and I commented @ Kym's Blog at Kym Possible, I missed commenting on Christi's blog, sorry Christi. 
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed., if I have power. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday, if I have power. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday, if I have power. Done
I also wrote a blog post that is not linked to a meme... Without Power.... I put the link in my introduction if you want to read it and didn't yet. 

Personal/Other Goals
  1. Read. I should have lots of time for this with the hurricane upon us, especially if we loose power. Done - I finally finished reading Lion of Babylon.
  2. Spend time with my family and stay safe during the hurricane. We have food, snacks and water, batteries, flashlights and candles. Water frozen in the freezer to help save our food longer in case we loose power. Done - we never did loose power so we stayed on our computers late. Then we all slept in the basement, well we sorta slept, none of us was really comfortable. We each slept a little, very little. But we are caught up on sleep now. We had a good time, since we didn't loose power, and enjoyed our snacks on Monday and Tuesday.
  3. Survive and recover from Hurricane Sandy. Done - survival done, recovery is still ongoing as I have piles to take care of.
I also finished a Christmas ornament this week. Here it is. It is for my hubby and is supposed to be he and I kissing under the mistletoe. I changed the hair color to match us better.

For this week that is 8 Done, 2 Partly Done, and 0 Not Done


My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals    
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women .
  2. Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Make sure Christopher works on the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here.
  2. Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it all and fills out his assignment sheet.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
  2. Read. I will be starting The Guardian Duke by Jamie Carie.
  3. Clean up the mess that is still in my bedroom, things piled up in front of my dresser from hurricane Sandy still.
  4. Log in books (part of my pile) and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom.
  5. Work on my Christmas ornament. 
  6. VOTE tomorrow.
That's my goals for this week. Join us, we'd love some new participants.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails