Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??
Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.
Goal Planning Monday has a new home - the banner above will take you to the new home for Goal Planning Monday @ Real Life Unscripted even though it says it is @ mamamanuscripts. I changed the link to send you to the new place.
A really good week, except for Thursday and Friday because I was sad and down due to our continued struggles with $$$ after 31 months of unemployment. I got a LOT done on the other days. I need and want to get more reading done this coming week. If I don't get a book done soon I will be behind in my reading. I was way ahead in my yearly goal and now I am even. I have 46 books read and so I need to read at least 6 more before the end of the year to reach my goal. I have ordered some Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books from the library and I usually speed through them because they are so good. And hubby and I are making good progress and are ahead of schedule for My Utmost for His Highest, we should be done soon and that book will count as well. I am also almost finished reading The Resolution for Women I only have 3 more chapters, so that will be done before Thanksgiving. I also should finish off those History books I had started reading to my son Christopher, or else take them off my Goodreads list. I want to take time every day to read. I used to turn off my computer early and read every evening. I would like to get back to doing that, but I am not making it a goal... I will just try.
My Goals from last week and how I did:
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women . Partly Done - I did my devotions every day but Thurs. and Fri. I was really feeling down those days, my devotions probably would have helped but I could not get myself to do them.
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. Done
- Make sure Christopher works on the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here. Done - He got a number of lapbook minis done this week. Not as many as I would have liked, but he made progress at least.
- Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet. Done - I logged the work in daily and made sure he got all the work done before he got his computer for the day. The assignment sheet is helping.
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Done - I commented @ our hostess's blog at Real Life Unscripted and I commented @ @ Kym's Blog at Kym Possible and @
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
- Post Think Back Thursday. Done
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
- Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Not Done - Oops... never did write them down. But I got a lot done anyway.
- Read Done - I started The Face of God by Bill Myers because the other book I had started had to go back to the library. I decided to just skip that book for now and read this one. I also have some Grace Chapel Hill
- Log in books and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom. Done - I got a whole tub of books logged in. Now I have just one more tub in my bedroom to log in this week.
- Work on my Christmas ornament. Not Done - just didn't get to it this week.
- Clean some areas of my home that really need it and have been neglected. This was the pile last Monday. Not Done - This is not the tub I worked on last week. I worked on a tub that was under the table in our room. This is the tub I will work on this coming week.
For this week that is Done - 9, Partly Done - 1, and Not Done - 3 .
My goals for this coming week:
- Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women . Once I get done the book, on Wed. I will be finishing Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband which I already started but have not made much progress on. It only has 12 chapters but I will not be reading a whole chapter a day. If I finish 2 chapters a week I can finish it in 2012 and then start a new book in 2013... that is my goal.
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night.
- Make sure Christopher finishes up the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here.
- Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet.
- We will be taking off Thurs. and Fri. for Thanksgiving break.
- Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
- Prep Think Back Thursday and have it scheduled to post early am Thursday because I will be busy with the turkey and won't have time 'til later in the day. I want it up early so the ladies can link up whenever they have time.
- Post Think Back Thursday.
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
- Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
- Rea, Read, Read.
- Log in books and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom.
- Work on my Christmas ornament.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with my family without stress, if possible.
- Put up the Christmas decorations on Black Friday. Have to get it done early because ds has to go to work at 4pm.
- Enjoy the long weekend with my family. Spend some time with them... don't spend all the time working.
- Enjoy the Christmas tree lights.
all content on my blog is ©