Monday, November 19, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 95


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

Goal Planning Monday has a new home - the banner above will take you to the new home for Goal Planning Monday @ Real Life Unscripted even though it says it is @ mamamanuscripts. I changed the link to send you to the new place.

A really good week, except for Thursday and Friday because I was sad and down due to our continued struggles with $$$ after 31 months of unemployment. I got a LOT done on the other days. I need and want to get more reading done this coming week. If I don't get a book done soon I will be behind in my reading. I was way ahead in my yearly goal and now I am even. I have 46 books read and so I need to read at least 6 more before the end of the year to reach my goal. I have ordered some Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books from the library and I usually speed through them because they are so good. And hubby and I are making good progress and are ahead of schedule for My Utmost for His Highest, we should be done soon and that book will count as well. I am also almost finished reading The Resolution for Women I only have 3 more chapters, so that will be done before Thanksgiving. I also should finish off those History books I had started reading to my son Christopher, or else take them off my Goodreads list. I want to take time every day to read. I used to turn off my computer early and read every evening. I would like to get back to doing that, but I am not making it a goal... I will just try.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals    
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women . Partly Done - I did  my devotions every day but Thurs. and Fri. I was really feeling down those days, my devotions probably would have helped but I could not get myself to do them.
  2. Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Make sure Christopher works on the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and HereDone - He got a number of lapbook minis done this week. Not as many as I would have liked, but he made progress at least.
  2. Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet. Done - I logged the work in daily and made sure he got all the work done before he got his computer for the day. The assignment sheet is helping.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Done -  I commented @ our hostess's blog at Real Life Unscripted and I commented @ @ Kym's Blog at Kym Possible and @ Meg @ Adventures with Jude
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Not Done - Oops... never did write them down. But I got a lot done anyway.
  2. Read  Done - I started The Face of God by Bill Myers because the other book I had started had to go back to the library. I decided to just skip that book for now and read this one. I also have some Grace Chapel Hill
  3. Log in books and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom. Done - I got a whole tub of books logged in. Now I have just one more tub in my bedroom to log in this week. 
  4. Work on my Christmas ornament. Not Done - just didn't get to it this week.
  5. Clean some areas of my home that really need it and have been neglected. This was the pile last Monday. Not Done - This is not the tub I worked on last week. I worked on a tub that was under the table in our room. This is the tub I will work on this coming week.

For this week that is Done - 9 Partly Done - 1, and Not Done - 3


My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals    
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book currently The Resolution for Women . Once I get done the book, on Wed. I will be finishing Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband which I already started but have not made much progress on. It only has 12 chapters but I will not be reading a whole chapter a day. If I finish 2 chapters a week I can finish it in 2012 and then start a new book in 2013... that is my goal.
  2. Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed at night. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Make sure Christopher finishes up the Lapbook for the Rainforest study we are doing. I included some elements from Homeschool Share's Great Kapok Tree unit and from 2 pages of the Dynamic 2 Moms website - Here and Here.
  2. Log Christopher's work in DAILY and make sure he does it ALL and fills out his assignment sheet. 
  3. We will be taking off Thurs. and Fri. for Thanksgiving break.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Prep Think Back Thursday and have it scheduled to post early am Thursday because I will be busy with the turkey and won't have time 'til later in the day. I want it up early so the ladies can link up whenever they have time.
  4. Post Think Back Thursday.
  5. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
  2. Rea, Read, Read.
  3. Log in books and get the books to the basement and out of my bedroom.
  4. Work on my Christmas ornament. 
  5. Celebrate Thanksgiving with my family without stress, if possible.
  6. Put up the Christmas decorations on Black Friday. Have to get it done early because ds has to go to work at 4pm. http://zaazu.com
  7. Enjoy the long weekend with my family. Spend some time with them... don't spend all the time working.
  8. Enjoy the Christmas tree lights. http://zaazu.com
That's it for this week. How about you. Our hostess, Katrina, is looking for some new participants (or participants that used to participate and don't know) to join in... Won't you join us??? Come on. Set some goals. Post them on your blog. Link up.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails