Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best of the Vendors/Products for the Homeschool Review Crew for 2009-10

As the 2009-10 Crew year comes to a close, they decided to do something new.
They came up with the Seaworthy Award for our vendors. 

We, the crew, voted...

First I listed the crew's choice in yellow, then I listed my/our choice in green (each is also a link to the company so you can check them out again if you want). Many of the products the crew voted for we we voted for too, but in a different category. If you want to read any of my reviews again click the label TOS Review Crew or do a search for the company in the widget on my sidebar.

And the winners are:

Favorite History Product :Bright Ideas Press  (All American History and Mystery of History)   Home School in the Woods I would have chosen Bright Ideas Press but I did not review their history this year. I use their products and we are doing Mystery of History 3 this year, but I chose only from the products I actually reviewed and the maps was the closed to history that we did.

Favorite Science Product: Nature Friend Magazine   Bright Ideas Press We love their Christian Kids Explore series.


Favorite Online Math Product: Mathletics   Aleks

Favorite Handwriting Product: Zeezok Publishing (Presidential Penmanship)   Zeezok Publishing (Presidential Penmanship)

Favorite Fine Arts Product (art, music, etc.): Artistic Pursuits   Bright Ideas Press- A Young Person's Guide to Composers

Favorite Pre-school Product: Time 4 Learning   Guardian Angel Publishing


Favorite Upper-Grade Product: Professor in a Box   Professor in a Box

Favorite College Prep Product: Cerebellum/Standard Diviants   ACT Advantage Discover

Favorite Special Needs Product: Super Star Speech   we did not review a Special Needs Product so I did not vote in this category.

Favorite Health and Beauty Product: Virginia Soaps and Scents   Virginia Soaps and Scents (no doubt on this one... my hubby actually ordered a bunch of their soap.. we love it.. and he is planning to order some more soon. We are out of shampoo and I really like their shampoo.


Best Resource I Didn't Know I Needed: StudyPod   Lobster Network

Best Homemaking Product: Sue Gregg Cookbooks  we did not review any homemaking products so I did not vote in this area

Best Customer Service: Great Software Tools   Tektoma (both were great for this, I may have voted for Great Software Tools for this if I had thought of it. The step by step classes they did and put on their site were invaluable.)

Best Online Resource: ABCteach    Lobster Network


Best Office and Technology Resource: Web Design for Kids (and Curious Grown-Ups)   Great Software Tools



Best Book, Novel or Magazine: Sarah's Books     Terrestria Chronicles (the review for this will be up in the next day or two... keep your eyes on my blog for the review, I almost put Terrestria Chronicles down for my all around favorite!!!)


Best Hands-On Resource: A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks   StudyPod

Most Adaptable Resource: Sue Patrick Workbox System    Sue Patrick Workbox System (everybody is adapting this to fit their family and their space)

Most Unique Resource: Lobster Network   Grapevine Studies (we loved the stick figures for studying Bible)

Most Family-Oriented Product: Family Mint   Web Design for Kids (and Curious Grown-Ups)  (we chose this one for this category because it is great for all ages, we really learned a lot)

Kid's Choice: Maverick Books: Hank the Cowdog Series   Tektoma (there was no doubt in my boys mind about this... they have been making games ever since we review Tektoma!!!)

All Around Crew Favorite: All About Spelling (All About Reading)   Sue Patrick Workbox System This system revolutionized our homeschooling this year... we got a lot more done and kept much more organized all year. Though, Terrestria Chronicles and Bright Ideas Press were close second and third. I voted for Bright Ideas Press for 3 categories!!!!!

Each will be receiving this wonderful award to display with pride:
 Well, that is the crew's picks for best this year and our picks for best this year...
congratulations to all the winners.  Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails