Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - April 6, 2010

FOR TODAY...
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Outside my window...
flowers are starting to pop up and the grass got mowed for the first time last night

I am thinking...
about the Dr.'s visits I have to take my mom to today
and the dentist I have to call to see about getting Jessica's wisdom teeth checked out and maybe pulled

I am thankful for...
our church library...
good moral books for all ages
fiction for kids and adults,
books on Christian living,
and even some videos.
It's a great resource for Christian books that our public library does not usually have.
The boys and I just borrowed and read the Wormling Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry, it is a great series.
Battle against good and evil, The Son vs. the Dragon.
I highly recommend this series.
Good for boys and girls ages 10 and up.
Make sure you discuss the symbolism so the kids understand what the story is trying to tell them.

From the learning rooms...
Bible: Divided Kingdom and The King's of Judah
Chemistry: we are using Friendly Chemistry
History: Zwingli, Anabaptists and Meno Simmons, Babur, Henry VII, and Sir Thomas More
Composers: Charles Ives
Historical Fiction: By Pike and Dyke by G.A. Henty
then: Grammar, Writing, Math and Fun
and Building Life Relationships, Educational Foundations, and Home and Life Management for Nathan

I am wearing...
Tan slacks, red short sleeved shirt, and my slippers (which will be changed to sneakers before I take my mom to the Dr.)

I am creating...
a cleaner more organized home..
I reorganized the shelves we put the workboxes on and some of our school supplies.
Next I will reorganize the book shelves in the living room.

I am going...
to take my mom to  the Dr. today
to take Jessica to the Oral Surgeon tomorrow or Thursday
to ladies Bible Study on Friday

I am reading...
The Author's Blood
by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry
the last book of the Wormling Series

I am hoping...
to get time to scrapbook soon...
I still have not made time to do it.

I am hearing...
Extreme Home Makeover...
I am watching on the computer while I type.

Around the house...
cleaning
sick kids
Rachel has it now

One of my favorite things...
Reading Christian Fiction

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Dr., Dentist, Bible Study, homeschooling, cleaning, reading, a movie and maybe play some games with the family.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Pansies and Tulips in a planter at Winterthur
 
Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other Daybooks and find out how to write your own.
Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails