Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader, Hello Bloglovin'




You only have a few more days.

Google Reader and Google Friend Connect are going away on July 1st.

I would hate for my blog, and the many others in your Google Reader account, to be lost forever so don't delay.

I started using Bloglovin long ago, but recently I took down my Google Friend Connect since is is going away soon. I love Bloglovin'. If you don't like Bloglovin' that is fine. There are other readers out there. Just make sure you find one you like BEFORE July 1st.

You can easily import your blog feeds from Google Reader through a few simple steps:
  1. Create an account, if you don't already have one.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Scroll down to the heading that says Other  
  4. Click the Import Blogs button.
  5. Click the Google Reader button.
  6. Click Import from Google Reader.
  7. It will then ask you to log into your Google account, do that.
  8. Then it will ask for permission to manage your data. Click Accept.
  9. Wait while it imports them and you're done!
Bloglovin' will sort the blogs by the same categories you had them in in Google Reader. If you didn't have any categories you can add them.

Bloglovin' allows your readers to count as visiting your site when they read your blog through Bloglovin'.

Bloglovin lets you read just a snippet of the blog. From there you have multiple options. You can mark the post as read, like it, or share it.


Most of the time, however, I just click on the top blog. It takes me to their reader where I can see the whole post. From there I have a bar on top...
 
... that lets me choose to read all the posts in my feed or choose a category to read. I can read that post and make it a favorite by clicking the heart. I can move to the next post by choosing older (since I have my posts share with the newest first) I can also share it to Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.

If I scroll down I can comment right from Bloglovin' I don't have to click over to the post. The only time I click over to the post now is if I want a different picture to post to Pinterest. Bloglovin' chooses only one picture for Pinterest. If I want a different one then I click on the name of the post and open it in a new tab so I can choose the picture I want.

I hope you will consider Bloglovin'. But like I said, don't just do nothing... do something before the blogs you love disappear and you have to start all over looking for your friends.

I have a Bloglovin' button on my sidebar if you need to add my blog to your new reader.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails