Monday, October 24, 2011

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 39


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

I made a great deal of progress this week on my goals. I am only sorry that I did not get a note written to my husband. That is priority one this week. That and spending time with my daughter Jessica.

My Goals from last week and how I did:

Spiritual Goals
  1. Keep up with Reading the Bible in a Year. Done I am finishing up the book of Luke.
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. Homeschool Goals. Not Done
  3. Read Chapter 3 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study on Friday. Done I not only read my chapter but I lead the Ladies Bible Study on Friday. Our regular leader had an emergency. Thursday night she called and asked if I could lead class. I was as prepared on Friday as I could be but very nervous. The ladies and I covered the whole chapter, including the questions at the end. We had a lively discussion. The Lord answered my prayers and guided my words. I am so very grateful.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep homeschooling and make sure the boys do all 12 workboxes every day or no computer time. Done We had a pretty good week. We ended up taking Thursday off because I had an emotion filled day and could not bear to do school. I needed the break.
  2. Read aloud to the boys... this counts toward my 100 books in a year goal. Done We read and loved The Printer's Apprentice. Look for a review on Thursday for Read-Aloud Thursday.
  3. Work on my History plans for later in the year. Done I worked on it a little last week. I have much more to do.
    Health and Fitness Goals
    1. Exercise 3 times this week hopefully or maybe even 4. Partly Done I exercised 2 days. Thursday I was too distraught to feel like doing it and Friday I was busy, Saturday I was lazy, and Sunday I was busy again.
    2. Drink water 3-4 of my white and pink 16oz. cups full. Done 
    3. Eat healthy. Done 
    4. Fulfill my goals for Management Monday. Partly Done I will update this later this evening or early tomorrow.
    Blog Goals
    1. Get my Blast From The Past post done and posted. Done I posted last week.
    2. Work on, and get posted, a post that is not a meme. Done I posted a song on Sunday. I am counting that.
    3. Post at least 3 more times this week, not counting this post but including the goals 1 and 2. Done I posted the fitness meme, my Blast From The Past, and the song on Sunday. I hope to do even better this week.
    Personal/Other Goals
    1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Done I commented at: Mama Manuscripts (our host for this meme), Sarah @ Growing for Christ, and at Holistic Homeschooler
    2. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am currently reading Pierre's Lucky Pouch: They Came from France. I am reading it because I started reading it to my boys for school and they finished reading it silently. I wanted to finish the story. After I finish reading this I will be reading book 4 of the Love Comes Softly series... if I find it... it is missing in the mess of my bedroom. I also have a few books I want to order from the library for personal reading. Done I finished Pierre's Lucky Pouch and enjoyed it very much. It gives a very good look at early New Orleans, Louisiana. I started reading Love's Abiding Joy by Janette Oke.
    3. Log books into the Book Collector software so I can get them out of the hallway and out of my bedroom. Done I worked on this on Thursday when we took off from school. I also worked on it most of Saturday.
    4. Straighten my bedroom. Partly Done Still more to be done. I have a couple tubs of stuff to move to the basement and a few other things I want to do.
    5. Scrapbook! I really want to do this, this coming weekend. Not Done
    6. One on One time with Jessica. Not Done
    7. Make a dessert for Ladies Bible Study on Friday. Done I made Weight Watchers gingerbread cake with raisins.
    8. Attend Ladies Bible Study on Friday. Done I attended and lead the Ladies Bible Study on Friday as stated above. 
    For this week that is 15 Done, 3 Partly Done, and 3 Not Done.



    My goals for this coming week:
    Spiritual Goals 
    1. Keep up with Reading the Bible in a Year.
    2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. Homeschool Goals.
    3. Read Chapter 4 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study on Friday. I don't want to wait 'til the last minute for this, so I want to get it done this week, though we don't meet again until Nov. 4th.
    Homeschool Goals
    1. Keep homeschooling and make sure the boys do all 12 workboxes every day or no computer time.
    2. Read aloud to the boys... this counts toward my 100 books in a year goal.
    3. Work on my History plans for later in the year
          Health and Fitness Goals 
          1. Exercise 3 times this week hopefully or maybe even 4. 
          2. Drink water 3-4 of my white and pink 16oz. cups full. 
          3. Eat healthy. 
          4. Fulfill my goals for Weightloss Wednesday. 
          Blog Goals   
          1. Get my Blast From The Past post done and posted. Come back and see my family photos and link up later today. 
          2. Work on, and get posted, a post that is not a meme. 
          3. Post at least 3 more times this week, not counting this post but including the goals 1 and 2. 
          Personal/Other Goals
          1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done.
          2. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am currently reading Love's Abiding Joy.
          3. Log books into the Book Collector software so I can get them out of the hallway and out of my bedroom. 
          4. Finish straightening my bedroom.
          5. Scrapbook! I really want to do this, this coming weekend.
          6. One on One time with Jessica.
           Well that is my update on how I did last week and the goals for this coming week. How about you? Do you have any goals for the week? Now it's time to get a move on and get some things accomplished for this week.


          all content on my blog is ©

          1 comment:

          Mama Manuscripts said...

          Wow, 15 things completed last week! What a way to rock GPM! I'm proud of you and hope you have another great week.

          Thanks for linking up!

          LinkWithin

          Related Posts with Thumbnails