Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reading Challenges ~ The King Will Make A Way

I am finally making time to get some of my book reviews done for the 52 Books in 52 Weeks. If I could just list the books read it would have been done long ago. Doing a review of them takes longer. I have a bunch of book reviews to do and none of them will be to thorough, but hopefully I will tell you enough for you to get you interested in reading the book.

So now on to The King Will Make A Way

The book opens with this line:
"We‘ll tell them the King is dead."
Right away she's got me. Who is the King? Does he represent someone in real life? He must not really be dead if they said "we'll tell them..."

I have only one regret with this book... that I did not make it a priority to read sooner. I loved it! So much! I want to read it again. I am going to make my boys read it. I am going to encourage my girls to read it. I will probably even buy a hard copy, soon.

Over and over Gabe and some other see that "The King Will Make A Way." This is a story of trial and hope, of God the King and his "subjects" and of those who would make other think He (God) does not exist any more. Gabe discovers the truth one day while taking a walk in the woods... he follows a frog...and a few other animals help.. and he finds the King... he is alive and well... Now to get others to believe.

Those who don't believe and that are perpetuating the lie begin to persecute those who do believe... how do they stand up to the persecution? and will the King come and save the day??? You will have to read the book to find out.

NOTE: Here is her description from the website of some things to think about before you read this to your children. Besides reading the cautions below I suggest you read the book yourself first if you plan to read it to younger children. My boys are 14 and 16 and will be fine with the "mature" themes in the book:
"I think this book will be a great tool for your family. This is not a children’s book. Reading age is probably 12-adult. It can be read aloud to younger children though with explanation–which is good, it’s supposed to prompt thought and discussion. I was careful in my descriptions: while there are martyrs, there is no oozing blood. My children have read it or have had it read to them. I know other families have read it aloud to their elementary age children as well.
The story is done in an allegorical style. It has an historical setting, but it parallels end-times events. If the King can make a way through the worst tribulation man will have ever seen, He can make a way anytime!"
Web Page: http://hebrews110.wordpress.com/the-king-will-make-a-way/
Blog Page: http://thekingwillmakeaway.wordpress.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-King-Will-Make-Gabea-Way/198637096167?sk=wall

BUY THE BOOK! ($9.97) 
Buy the Kindle edition ($6.45)
Download the pdf for FREE: The King Will Make a Way

Not only does Lee have the pdf available for free but there is a whole bunch of free stuff, especially good for homeschoolers, but could also be used during the summer for "regular" schooled children.

Here is the link to the Freebie Page. On this page she has:
  • Geography and Cultures Curriculu
  • Language Arts Lessons
  • Animal Lapbooks
  • Country Lapbooks
  • Early American History
  • Math
  • Preschool

I have not had time to look all the freebies over, there is a lot there. Lee is so generous. I don't know if I will use any of the extras for my boys but I will definitely be taking time to check out all the stuff. Since I will be requiring them to read the book next year for school I may add in some of the extra stuff she offers on her website to go with it.


Here are the links to my reading challenge pages: This book was entered into the first two challenges.
I am also going to submit this to The Christian Home Carnival:



all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails