Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 19

 It is Goal Planning Monday.
How are you doing with your goals?? 

I am a day late getting this posted. Yesterday my family and our Texan guests, minus one son who stayed home because we couldn't all fit in the car, picked me up at my sister's house where I was visiting and running around with my mom and we went to Valley Forge. We had a nice visit. It was not tooooo hot, though it was quite warm. Then we had hoagies for dinner. Hopefully, hubby and son can get a 3 person bench for the middle seat of our van so we can all be together for the rest of our adventures... please pray for that. When they went to get the seat from a local junk yard this past Saturday they were closed. We want to all be able to enjoy the rest of the plans we have for this week and next.

Here are my goals from last week and how I did with them.
  1. Finish cleaning the whole house and get it in tip top condition for our visitors on Thursday. We accomplished most of this. I got everything done except some dusting in my bedroom. I hope to get that done this week.
  2. Post pictures of my wonderfully clean home so everyone can see the differences all the work has made.  No, I did not get this done. I have not even taken the pictures... I will do this today, and maybe I will "catch" the kids using the space as well. I was too busy doing #1. I did not even get a day off on Wednesday or even Thursday last week. I was still cleaning my bedroom when the girls from Texas arrived.
  3. Blog about the books I have read. No, I spent all my time last week cleaning and then went to my mother's for the weekend. So this is still on my goals list for this week.
  4. Get my pictures from Longwood Gardens posted on my blog. No, I did not get this done. Same excuses! http://zaazu.com
  5. Read. I did read though not that much. Most of the reading I got done was Saturday while waiting for my mother to get her perm done, but I didn't even read much there as there were many distractions.
  6. Get back to exercising. No, I did not get this done. Cleaning was my exercise through Thursday and then Friday, Sat. and Sunday I was with my mom and most days did plenty of walking while helping her get a long list of things she needed at different stores.Yesterday we did a lot of walking at Valley Forge.
  7. Our guests from Texas arrive on Thursday. Pray for them while they are on the airplane. They have never been on a plane before and have to change planes in Houston all by themselves. We will be glad when they are safely on the ground and in my daughters arms in Philadelphia. They arrived safe and sound and have been enjoying themselves as much as we are enjoying them. The girls... all 4 of them... have been talking and giggling and laughing from morning to night and have barely stopped. They are almost hoarse from it all. Today and tomorrow we rest up at home. Then we are off again on some adventures.
  8. Last ladies Bible Study on Friday. Visit my mom Friday June 3rd to Monday June 6th. Take her to get her hair permed and I get mine cut. Take her to do a number of errands then maybe to church on Sunday depending on how she feels. She has not been to church since before she went to my brother's for Thanksgiving. Success! Participated in last ladies Bible study, got hair cut, accomplished all but one errand my mom needed, took her to visit a relative that has cancer and has stopped treatment, did not make it to church because her knee was hurting to much and there is no place to put it up at church. My sister also payed for my mom and I to get pedicures and manicures. I have never had a pedicure and have only had one professional manicure, years ago, and my sister paid for that one as well. I don't have the money to treat myself to those kinds of extravagances.
Here are my goals for this week:
  1. Get back to exercising... this will be started today... including a weigh in since I haven't done that for weeks and weeks. I am scared to see what it will say and still will have many temptations and treats and special meals and a couple times eating out to  contend with, but exercising and not sticking to my diet is better than not exercising and not sticking to my diet.
  2. Blog about books I have read.
  3. Post Longwood Gardens pictures from May.
  4. Read, though I don't know how much of this I will accomplish as I have lots to do and our guests from Texas to entertain.
  5. Log books into Book Collector.
  6. Start working on portfolios... at least prep the section pages witch I use scrapbook materials for.
  7. Get caught up with Bible reading.
  8. Spend some one-on-one time with the boys while the girls have friends here.
  9. Visit and comment on all the Goal Planning participants blogs. 
  10. Get Blast From The Past ready for Friday. 
  11. ... and... lots of activities with our Texas guests. 
Goal Planning Monday is hosted by Katrina of Mama Manuscripts click this link or the button at the top.



all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails