Monday, April 1, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 114


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

 (our hostess is moving back to her other blog, the button is linked back to Mama Manuscripts)

A good week. I got more accomplished than I thought I would. It was a rough week emotionally but we had a good visit with my mom Some things are a struggle because she is 90, she gets around with a walker, had bad sight and hearing, goes to the bathroom a lot, even at night, which wakes my daughters: and needs waiting on and help with a lot of things at out house that she does for herself at home. It is also more difficult because of the set up and size of our home. Overall it was a good week and we try really hard to make it as good as we can because we can never tell when it will be her last visit.

I am now marking my top priorities with a *

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. I hope to read chapter 4 of Desiring God and the do all the questions this week. Done - Desiring God is such a deep book. I have decided I need to take my time with it so starting next week I will be doing a little of Desiring God as I want to and I will be starting a book on prayer for my daily devotions. I have been skipping my devotions some days because I dread reading Desiring God, it takes soooo much thinking power.
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Done - I am still behind but I am working to catch up.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep up with planning and ordering materials for school. Done - I ordered a bunch of books on the French Revolution, some of which Christopher will read. It is hard sometimes to order books from the library not knowing if he will like them or not. So, I ordered a bunch and will use the best ones once I see them in person.
  2. Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in. Done
  3. *Check Christopher's hours for his school subjects so I know how much he has done, how much he still needs to do in the next 65 days or so of school. This, besides my devotions and reading, is my TOP priority this week. Done - I still have a tiny bit of this to do. I hope to get it done this week.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Done - I commented at our hostess's blog Mama Manuscripts No one but me linked up last week
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
  5. Post a meme or 2 I like to participate in. Done
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Done
  2. *Read, Read, Read - I really need to do better. Goodreads says I am more behind now. I hope to finish 2 books this week... and every week until I catch up or get ahead.  
    • Finish Light and the Glory. Done - YIPPEE
    • Start a new Christian fiction. Done - I started and finished Julia's Hope. 2 books completed this week. See my book review coming soon, maybe later today or tomorrow at the latest.
    • Read some of Politically Incorrect Guide to the Founding Fathers. Not Done - Spent to much time reading Julia's Hope.
  3. Spend time with my mother. Done
For this week that is  13 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 1 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book.
    Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I read Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. And, I will be starting to read Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore and I have the journal as well Praying God's Word: Devotional Journal. I love Beth Moore studies. I am looking forward to this. Hubby bought both of these for me recently... just because.
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep up with planning and ordering materials for school.
  2. Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in.
  3. *Check Christopher's hours for his school subjects so I know how much he has done, how much he still needs to do in the next 65 days or so of school. I hope to finish this this week... at least until finishing things up during the summer.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. 
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
  5. Post a meme or 2 I like to participate in. 
  6. Post monthly Reading challenge post
  7. Post this month's Yearly Goals update
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. 
  2. *Read, Read, Read - I really need to do better. Goodreads says I am more behind now. I hope to finish 2 books this week... and every week until I catch up or get ahead.  
    • Start a new Christian fiction... since the one I started last week I finished last week.
  3. *Spend lots of time with my kids this week... games, movies, snacks, fun!
  4. I hope to make some time this week for Digital Scrapbooking as well.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails