Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Nov. 2, 2009



FOR TODAY... Monday November 2, 2009

Outside my window...cloudy and dh and sons got more of the wreckage from the crash cleaned up. The poles are all out of the ground and fencing is all rolled up.

I am thinking... We have a lot to do this week for school and the boys are not up yet, I am going to call them... again! Be right back...

I am thankful for... church friends who can give us rides. We needed a ride on Friday to take Rachel to get another blood test. We needed a ride on Sunday because not all of us fit in the Jeep we borrowed from my brother-in-law, we need a ride Wed. to a Dr. appointment for Rachel, I need a ride Friday to ladies Bible study, we need a ride for two of us on Sat. if we all want to go to the church bonfire. Thank you Lord for faithful, kind, giving friends.

From the learning rooms...
  • back to our regular History- Mystery of History III - we are on Columbus; 
  • back to our regular science we are doing Chemistry we will be covering mixtures and compounds and then maybe starteing Atoms and Molecules a the end of the week
  • more composers for our Young Scholar's Guide to Composers finishing Bach and then moving on to Classic time period of composers and studying Joseph Haydn
  • hopefully Nathan and Court and I will be starting an Accounting course we need to do to review for TOS Homeschool Crew and we also are looking forward to as another preparation to get us ready to have our own business some day. 
  • two or three days we will do lessons from the Writer's Workshop I am reviewing this week
  • and then the other regular stuff: Daily Grams or Easy Grammar, Math, Bible, Art Appreciation (finishing up Fra Angelico), Wordsmith, and the extra's like Building Life Relationship and Typing for Nathan and fun boxes for Christopher
I am wearing... tan pants, green shirt short sleeve shirt, green long sleeve shirt over that, my new watch, white socks, my crocs

I am creating... hope to start working on some Christmas ornaments this week. Each year I make an ornament for each of my children, my dh and myself so the kids will have ornaments to take with them when they leave our homes. Then their first Christmas tree with their spouse will be full of family memories and not decorated with only store bought new things.

I am going... to take Rachel to the Dr. on Wed., to Bible Study on Friday, and to the bonfire on Sat.

I am reading... I have not been doing much reading lately. I have a few books I have started and need to finish. I have kept up with my Bible Study book - A Praying Life. To see what I am reading or details about a book I am reading see my shelfari in the left hand column.

I am hoping... to have a good week of school and dh to have a great week at work.

I am hearing... road noise, that's about it. I know the kids are downstairs listeining to Christmas music while they get breakfast but I cannot hear it.

Around the house... we bought new rubbermaid tubs to do some organzing in the basement, we have to get the front window's fixed, I would like to get my dining room curtains sewed but I can't decide what to do with the fabric we bought, anyone have an idea? They are two windows side by side and have mini blind over them.

One of my favorite things... entertaining/hospitality, I was thankful to be able to have friends over at our home on the 24th of October and hope to have a few other families over soon.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Bible Study, Dr. Appointment, blogging, TOS Homeschool Crew Review's Due Wed and Friday

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


 In case you are not a regular reader of my blog, since this is still upmost in my mind, and I could not think what else to share; here is a picture of our wrecked car and if you want to hear the story of how it got like this while sitting in our driveway the story can be found here: A Rude Awakening

To do your own daybook and read many, many others go here.

Debbie

5 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

Oh my! Sorry to hear about your van!
I hope you have a wonderful week, I enjoyed stopping by your daybook!
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blospot. com

Annette W. said...

We're trying to give the kids ornaments each year, too, or at least add a family ornament. I hadn't really considered making them. HMM...maybe you can share some ideas on a post or real life sometime for all the various handmade ornaments you've made!

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, my, I read the account of the accident. Such a mess. We had someone drive through our pasture fence once but he was able to drive away. Later we found items from his car and learned it was a teen age boy so we got in touch with his parents. We didn't press charges and we repaired the fence ourselves but it happened in the middle of the night and I had to call neighbors to help me put enough of the fence up to keep the horses and cows from getting out. Honey Bear was on a business trip.
It is wonderful that you have friends who will help and that you can accept that help. It is a blessing for both of you.
You have a wonderful tradition. I started the same for my daughter and now for my grands. I make ornaments as gifts every year. I have two started.
I enjoy having guests in my home, also. My son will be here for Thanksgiving, for the first time since he married, with his family. He's been married 18 years so imagine how excited I am.
Have a great week,
Mama Bear

Joyful Songs said...

Hi Debbie ~ thank you so much for your sweet comments about my blog and squidoo pages. It really means alot to me!

It looks like you have quite a few cool things here yourself that I am going to enjoy checking out, so I added your button on my blog so I could find it easier.

I look forward to getting to know you. :D Pamela

dtbrents said...

I do want to read the story about your van. You sound like a very busy lady. I started years ago making Christmas ornaments for my children but soon forgot about it. I love Christmas. I'm glad you have friends to give you rides. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails