Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Net Hymnal

One of the ladies in my new online Bible study sent us the link to this website I have never seen before. A Great wealth of hymns, most of which I have never heard. I love the old hymns, I grew up singing them in church and still prefer them to singing praise and worship songs. I sing alto though, I love singing harmony.

NetHymnal. Thou­sands of Christ­ian hymns & Gos­pel songs from ma­ny de­nom­in­a­tions—lyr­ics, MI­DI files, scores, pic­tures, his­to­ry & more. Search­a­ble, ad­vanced Au­to­play fea­ture, free down­loads. New en­tries ev­ery week. Us­er friend­ly. Big­gest site of its kind on the In­ternet. Two thumbs up!

I like that you can hear each hymn with only an organ and piano so you can feel free to sing along. Learn a new hymn. A Great resource for you personal Bible study or for homeschooling and introducing your children to knew hymns of the greats.

I also like that you can search for or click on a favorite hymn writer and see all the hymns they wrote that are on the cyber hymnal site. I looked up Charles Wesley for instance. http://nethymnal.org/bio/w/e/s/wesley_c.htm It gives a little biography and then the listing of his 265 hymns on this site and you can listen to each one or pick your favorites.

Ye Servants of God
The per­se­cu­tion of Wes­ley’s Meth­od­ists is re­flect­ed in vers­es 2-3, which are com­mon­ly omit­ted. (very interesting)

verse 2
The waves of the sea have lift up their voice,
Sore troubled that we in Jesus rejoice;
The floods they are roaring, but Jesus is here;
While we are adoring, He always is near.

verse 3
When devils engage, the billows arise,
And horribly rage, and threaten the skies:
Their fury shall never our steadfastness shock,
The weakest believer is built on a rock.

verse 6 (very appropriate for this time of year)
Then let us adore and give Him His right,
All glory and power, all wisdom and might;
All honor and blessing with angels above,
And thanks never ceasing and infinite love.

http://nethymnal.org/htm/y/s/yservofg.htm

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails