Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - August 31, 2009



FOR TODAY... Monday, August 31, 2009

Outside my window... cloudy!!! I thought it was going to be sunny and cooler here today, but I woke late to cloudy skies... I hope it clears up later!

I am thinking... the boys and I need to get going on school because we have a lot to do and I have another review due today that I need to work on.

I am thankful for... cooler weather coming this week, a time to turn off the air conditioning and open the windows

From the learning rooms... Christian Kids Explore Physics (TOS Review Crew), early Renaissance for History, Knight of the White Cross for Historical Fiction reading, Grapevine O.T., Math for each boy, Wordsmith for each boy, Nutrition 101 (TOS Review Crew), College Prep Genius (TOS Review Crew- for Nathan and I to work on), I think that is all, might have missed something.

From the kitchen... ??? I hardly cook at all any more. Because of TOS Homeschool Review stuff and homeschooling the girls took over the kitchen.

I am wearing... black Capri's, pink striped shirt, nothing on my feet

I am creating... blog post for Review of Hank the Cowdog products

I am going... to take Rachel to the Dr. about her thyroid problem tomorrow, out on a date with dh Friday he says, to the Library Mon. and Thurs. night, and to Ladies Bible Study on Friday.

I am reading... only school stuff right now. I was reading The White Company by Sir Arthur Canon Doyle but I did not finish it and it went back to the library. Haven't decided if I am going to get it back out. I have not made time for reading lately... but know I should!

I am hoping... dh will let us get a Wii for Christmas from my Mom as a family gift.

I am hearing... quiet talking... boys downstairs, car noises from outside.

Around the house... cleaning that needs to be done, chores, school, nothing special.

One of my favorite things... Yearly Church Picnic - it was yesterday. My daughters' blog should have some photos posted later today or maybe tomorrow.. they took tons of pictures. It was a day of activity for the young folk and chatting and sitting around for us older folk. Just a relaxing day sitting in our folding chairs in a woody shaded picnic area... a lovely day!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, grading, blogging, do my lesson for Ladies Bible Study, backup stuff from my computer to my external drive... lots to do there I have left it go to long; if we have time I would like to work on putting some more of our lapbooks from last year together.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
In honor of the Movie Week at Homeschool Freebie of the Day (check it out here) I am sharing one of my favorite Schoolhouse Rock videos from You Tube.




The Simple Women's Daybook will start back up Sept. 14th but until then you can still post Summer Daybooks at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a great week,
Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails