Monday, September 9, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Yard Sale...again



I had a good week. Tiring, but good. We make goals and some weeks we don't accomplish all we had planned. Sometimes it is our laziness, but sometimes it is because God had other plans for our weeks than we did. The verse I am memorizing now is Proverbs 16:9 (ESV) " The heart of man plans his ways, but the LORD establishes his steps." Take heart. Try again. If you were lazy next week then purpose to do better in those areas this week. If God through a monkey wrench in your plans then know that it was His will and that you may understand why, or you may not, but God knows what is coming for us this week, nothing will surprise Him, and He will lead us if we lean on him.

I did not exercise. I did not comment on Cristi's GPM post, I meant to, but forgot. I did not craft just for myself. So, I will try again on those things this week.

Our plans for the flea market changed to a yard sale, and getting the stuff ready took a LOT longer than I thought it would. We have a LOT left over and are going to put them out again on Friday and Sat. this week. We made some money and bought some food with it. Pray we do even better this week. We also did not go through everything in the basement so we have some more sorting and pricing to do.

Chick-fil-A, where my son works, was having free breakfasts this week. Since ds had to be AT WORK at 6am we, his crazy family, decided to get up and go with him then sit in the car for 1/2 an hour til they opened so we could get the free breakfast. The free breakfast was a chicken biscuit,  I also got a free waffle with a free gift card they gave out a couple months ago, and a free orange juice with the calendar card. Fun was had by all.

Dd Rachel is STILL struggling with the poison sumac on her foot, it looks much better but she still can't wear shoes. So continue to keep her in your prayers.

Have Courage my friends. Try again. Post goals and work toward them. Here are mine....


Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community. 

My top priorities are marked with a *

If you need directions on how to join in... see my GPM page up above.

My goals for this coming week:

Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. Read more of Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. Done
  2. Read more of "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby. Done
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher. Done
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY. Done
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science! Done
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii. Not Done
  2. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done
Blog Goals  
  1. Post Goal Planning Monday on time... since this is already up I have one thing for the week done already. Done
  2. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Not Done -sorry Cristi
  3. Blog only what I want to blog about Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. Done,
  2. Work on a craft for myself: doodle, cross stitch, scrapbook, digital scrapbook... something. Not Done
  3. Get stuff ready for the flea market on Saturday, we are going to to sell stuff to make money to pay our bills. Done - but as I said we changed to a yard sale. We forgot all about my son's Sat. work schedule. It would have been annoying to work out. Hubby would have had to drive 45 min. to the flea market, we would have had to take ds with us, we would have had to leave home at 6:15 or so. We would have had to leave the middle bench in the van so ds could ride with us, so we would not have fit as much stuff in. We would have had to unload and then dh would have had to drive ds to work about 30 min from the flea market, then come back, finish the flea market, drive the leftovers and I home then later go back out and get our son and bring him home from work. Tooooooo much trouble. So we set up in the yard. We may have made more money at the flea market, or we may have not, only God knows. At home we could take turns also, especially in the hot part of the day. We had the yard sale from about 8am til 3pm. We were all exhausted afterwards.
  4. Attend, help out at, sell stuff at flea market on Saturday. Done


 For this week that is 12 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 3 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. Read more of Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. 
  2. Read more of "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby. 
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher.
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY.
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science! Need to order more History books too!!
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii.
  2. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals  
  1. Post Goal Planning Monday on time... since this is already up I have one thing for the week done already.
  2. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. 
  3. Post my digital scrapbook pages.
  4. Blog only what I want to blog about - this week I would like to join in one meme that I used to enjoy doing, no pressure, we'll see.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. I really want to catch up on my reading goal for the year. Goodreads says I am only one book behind now. So if I can finish at least 5 books this month I will be on track! I would like to do more, but we will see.
  2. Work on a craft for myself: doodle, cross stitch, scrapbook, digital scrapbook... something.
  3. Get more stuff ready for the  2nd yard sale on Saturday, we are going to to sell stuff to make money to pay our bills.
  4. Attend, help out at, sell stuff at yard sale on Friday afternoon/early evening and Saturday.
That's It... Your turn...

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails