Monday, September 23, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Have Faith


How are you doing with your goals?
How far have you come? 

We do have far to go.
But we can do it.

With God's help.

With encouragement from each other.

God is not finished working on us, if we are His child. He will work on us until His work is complete... that is until he sees fit to take us home to be with Him forever, or until he returns for us ALL!

Until then we have much work to do. We will fail. We will fall. We will stumble.
But we can get back up.
We can ask for forgiveness from God and each other.
We can try again. Strive.
To be more like our Savior.

That is what I am doing.

Have Faith...
in how far you can go...
and in God getting you there. 

Proverbs 16:9 (ESV)
"The heart of man plans his way,
but the LORD establishes his steps." 

Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community. 

My top priorities are marked with a *

If you need directions on how to join in... see my GPM page up above.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. Read more of Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. Done - I finished Facing Your Giants last week. I still need to do the review on Goodreads. See this coming week's goals for the book I am reading now. I did not read Proverbs, do Joy Dare or read the book with hubby, but I enjoyed and finished Facing Your Giants. When I finished I found study questions in the back of the Kindle book. I didn't know they were there so I will have to read this again some time and do the questions. I am now checking for questions in all my future/current Spiritual books I use from my Kindle.
  2. Read more of "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby. Not Done
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks. Not Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher. Done
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY. Done
  3. *Catch up on Grading Chemistry. I am behind. Partly Done - I graded the most recent pages so I know how he is doing now... I still need to grade a bunch of the past work. I didn't have as much time this week because of #3 that I added in Personal/Other Goals.
  4. Prep the next day's school, especially science! Need to order more History books too!! Done - I need to order more History books, again. He reads through them fairly quickly. I need to check and see what we have at home that I want him to read and what I want to order from the library.
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii. Not Done
  2. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done
Blog Goals  
  1. Post Goal Planning Monday on time... since this is already up I have one thing for the week done already. Done
  2. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Done - no one linked up so that made this one easy.
  3. Blog only what I want to blog about - this week I would like to join in one meme that I used to enjoy doing, no pressure, we'll see. Done - I blogged what I could... which was GPM and nothing else.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. Done - I finished 3 books this week... That keeps me 2 books AHEAD in my goal for the year!!!
  2. Work on a craft for myself: doodle, cross stitch, scrapbook, digital scrapbook... something. Done - Doodled "Prepare Your Fields" from the movie Facing the Giants, one of our favorite family/Christian movies. I will be doing a post on 3 doodles that I recently did, two for friends of my daughters and this one for myself, this week... maybe even tomorrow.
  3. ADDED - Done - this week I spent 2 whole days working on my computer files. Friday my desktop computer just would not turn on. Hubby tried all kinds of things. Finally he resorted to getting my drive out of the computer and put it in an older external drive case. He hooked that up to an old computer we have in the basement. I was able, then, to get all my files saved from my computer drive to an external drive, so I lost no files. My hubby is my personal computer tech/geek. I am SOOO thankful for all he has taught himself to do. I figured my desktop computer was gone for good. He says he may be able to save it. I don't think we have the money to do that right now, but at least I have my laptop, and all my files were saved, thanks to my wonderful hubby. I had to take 2 full days out of my schedule and work on saving the files and so I got behind in other things and I still have plenty of sorting to do. But I am at peace with how it went.

 For this week that is 11 Done, 1 Partly Done, and 3 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. Read more of What's It Like to Be Married to Me?: And Other Dangerous Questions. A hard study, already, and I am only in chapter 1. Really tough questions that take a LOT of thinking... about myself. I felt like God wanted me to do this study next. My UnEmployed Faith facebook group did this study. I was not able to purchase the book and participate at the time. Later I got the book free. God has something to teach me in this trial we are in. Maybe this book will help me with part of that. Anyway... I felt God prompting me to read and study it. It DOES have a study guide in the back... I already checked and am working on the questions.
  2. Read more of "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby. 
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks. Catch up some... I probably won't completely catch up ALL the way ... but catching up some would be good.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher.
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY.
  3. *Catch up more on Grading Chemistry. I got some done last week but need to do the rest.
  4. Prep the next day's school, especially science and Windows to the World (IEW) for English! Need to order more History books too!!
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week...IF my knee stops hurting. I will be working out on the Wii.
  2. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals  
  1. Post Goal Planning Monday on time... since this is already up I have one thing for the week done already.
  2. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. 
  3. Blog only what I want to blog about.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read.
  2. Work on sorting files on the external drive.
  3. Pack up the little kids games in the basement. Court spent a long time on Sunday getting the basement more organized. It was a disaster area after we pulled things out for the yard sales. Stuff was EVERYWHERE! I want to box up the little kids games that we don't use any more and protect them in plastic bags and put the bags in boxes, so they will stack and be protected for future generations. 
That's it for me.
Hopefully this coming week will NOT hold any surprises. But, no matter what, my family and I will face what comes... with the Lord on our side to tip the balance.
    Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
    This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
    For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


     all content on my blog is ©

    1 comment:

    Cristi said...

    I apologize for not linking up last week, and I fear I won't have a goal planning post this week. I'm going through a busy time where I often don't have the time or the mental energy to keep up with all the blogging that I'd like to do. I pray that I will adjust to a new busy pace and will be back to goal planning soon. For now, my goal has been to make it to the next day without losing my mind (or killing any small children).

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails