Monday, September 2, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Flea Market

Focus on giants - you stumble.
Focus on God - your giants stumble.
     (from Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado, pg 21)

I had a GREAT week. I really enjoyed my time with God, almost every morning. It is a lot easier to focus on God and not on my giants when I spend quality/quantity time with God each day.

I got a lot of reading done and enjoyed every minute of it. That puts me only one book behind in my reading for the year and I know I can catch up this month, and maybe even get ahead.

I got my cake done!! and instead of eating a few pieces and putting the rest in the freezer like I usually do, so I can eat it little by little, I shared it with the family. They love sweet things and we don't get many treats these days.

By the way...
http://zaazu.com

Happy Labor Day

We are not taking off today, we are doing school. My older son has to work, and we have NO plans, so I figured we might as well.

My dd Rachel is struggling with poison sumac. It is all over her left foot. Pain and itching, sleepless nights, swollen lower leg, foot, and toes. She has been unable to do anything but sit all week. So I had to do more than usual. I was able to keep up with the pots and dishes and cooked a few extra meals. Boy do I miss her helping out. She is doing a little better but still off her feet. So this coming week will be just as busy.

No, I take it back, it will be more busy, because we are going to sell some things in a Flea Market on Saturday and we have a lot to do to be ready. It costs $15 for 3 parking spaces, one space for the car and 2 for our stuff. If hubby can figure a way to keep the lights from being on with the hatch open, we can sell some stuff from the back of the van. I hope we sell a lot, enough to pay for our space and a bunch extra would be great. I am selling some of my Star Wars collectables and some Beanie Buddies and regular size beanies. We will be selling some books the girls don't want to keep.


Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community. 

My top priorities are marked with a *

If you need directions on how to join in... see my GPM page up above.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I will be starting a new book just for me to read. For now I am also reading "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby.  Done - I started reading Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. I was only going to read one chapter a day but it was so good I read 3 chapters. The quote I used today was from this book also. This is going to be another good one.
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher. Done
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY. Done
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science! Done
Fitness Goals
  1. I must get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii. Not Done
  2. *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made TOMORROW! Done! YIPPEE!! and it was delicious.http://zaazu.com
  3. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done
Blog Goals 
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Done
  2. Blog only what I want to blog about except for... Done
  3. *A review and giveaway I had due last week and MUST get up. Not Done - I got an extension till the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. 
  4. Done - I am adding... post my August Yearly Goal Update because I got it done and posted it last night. 
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Read. Done - I finished 3 books this week making a total of 8 for August! that's GREAT
  2. Work on a craft for myself: doodle, cross stitch, scrapbook, digital scrapbook... something. Done - did digital scrapbooking
  3. Hang the crochet heart Rachel made me and the wooden box I decorated a while back. I need Jessica's help. Done - see below


 For this week that is 13 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 2 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading (Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer is my focus this year as that is my word for 2013. Read more of Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. 
  2. Read more of "When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances" to my hubby. 
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.Write in my other 1,000 gifts notebooks.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Do school with Christopher.
  2. Grade and Record work done, DAILY.
  3. Prep the next day's school, especially science!
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii.
  2. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals  
  1. Post Goal Planning Monday on time... since this is already up I have one thing for the week done already.
  2. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. 
  3. Blog only what I want to blog about
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. 
  2. Work on a craft for myself: doodle, cross stitch, scrapbook, digital scrapbook... something.
  3. Get stuff ready for the flea market on Saturday, we are going to to sell stuff to make money to pay our bills.
  4. Attend, help out at, sell stuff at flea market on Saturday.
That's It... Your turn...
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Wow! You had quite a productive week. I hope this week is equally productive and that the flea market is very profitable for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails