Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??
Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.
Goal Planning Monday has a new home - the banner above will take you to the new home for Goal Planning Monday @ Real Life Unscripted even though it says it is @ mamamanuscripts. I changed the link to send you to the new place.
This was a good week. I got a lot accomplished. I am shortening my goal descriptions so that my post is not so long. Hopefully that will help everyone want to read all the way through, though this is mostly for me. My Mom is coming to visit this week That will mean that certain things MUST get done. Especially chores and getting rid of the tubs of books in our hallway upstairs. I do not want her to trip.
My Goals from last week and how I did:
- Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide. Done - Yeah! I did my devotions every day.
- Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Done
- Pray daily. Get the requests from my internet friends, Growth Group and Ladies Bible Study put onto notes and into my prayer book. Done
- Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. Not Done
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed each night... I am behind, but I am reading 2 days each night and I am catching up. Lately my hubby has been having me read these aloud to the family in the evening. It has been nice to share this reading with them. Done
- Keep Christopher doing all his school. He is currently done some subject for the year. We are usually completely done our school days by now. My mother is coming to visit for a week and a half starting May 23rd. I really wanted to be done school by then. I have been trying to encourage Christopher to double up since he has so little work to do each day. If he doubles up we should be done earlier, if he doesn't we should be done May 31st or June 1st. Done
- Get Nathan to do all his school. We had another talk about his school when I added up his hours again. He is making progress and it looks better than it did. He is working on finishing up his credits for Educational Foundations by planning and teaching a 2 week unit. He still has a bunch of Phys. Ed., Building Life Relationships and Health to finish. I hope this week will be a good one. Done
- Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week. Done
- I am also working on transcripts. I have Nathan's almost finished. I want to work on Christopher's also so that I have his grades for this year put in and I don't have to search for everything in his Sr. year like I have been having to do with Nathan. My, laziness or lack of attention to the details of homeschooling, due to the trials we have had and just my sinful nature, sure can get me in trouble and make more work for me later. I want to do better in this. Not Done
- Spend time on our Astronomy Unit. Done
- Make sure the boys complete one back essay they had skipped from Movies as Literature. Partly Done - Christopher did his. Nathan did not.
- Read a book about Homeschooling. I am working on The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell. I am on pg 289. This is a yearly goal and I want to do better on those goals this month. Done - I am on page 302 now.
- I am working on changing the name of the Blast From The Past and that will probably change the day since I can't think of a good name to go with Tuesday. I may or may not be posting this week. Done
- Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well. Done
- I want to weigh in today and update my weight loss ticker, though I am scared to do that! Done
- I want to work out at least 3 days this week. Partly Done - I worked out 2 days... that is better than nothing.
- I will not be tracking my food because we are on such a tight budget that eating well is hard to do. Also, the stress makes me crave stuff. I will be making a Weight Watchers 1 point dessert early this week to help fend off my cravings a little. Doing some things is better than doing nothing! Not Done
- Number one personal goal for the week is to shut my computer off between 9 and 9:30 every night, get ready for bed and then read until my husband is ready for bed. I kept him up by working on a project on my computer that I should have just quit a few weeks ago. I am going to strive not to do that again.Plus, I have lots of reading to get done. Done
- Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Not Done
- Log books into Book Collector software... at least finish the box of school books I had been working on... it is in my way. Done
- Read, Read, Read! I am currently reading Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life, and False Pretenses. Here are the links to the Kindle version and the Print Version. I also have books to read aloud for History and Science, for homeschooling; and I need to keep working on Emma by Jane Austen. I have a book that the boys finished reading on their own for History, it is historical fiction, and I want to finish reading it, so I need to work on that as well, With Wolfe in Canada by G.A. Henty. I am currently reading it as a Kindle book on my Kindle App, on the android add on my hubby put on my Nook. Done
- Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. Done
- Work on household chores and spring cleaning - I will spend part of each morning working on household chores and spring cleaning. I will not be asking my family to join me. I will just be doing it myself. If anyone wants to join me that is fine, but we have enough stress and hard times right now and I don't want extra conflict. Not Done
- Scrapbook - either digital or paper. I will not be setting a goal to do both, though if I can fit both in that would be fun. I will be working on a new blog button this week, once I decide what day I will be changing Blast From The Past to. Done
- Work on saving my computer files to our backup drives. I am done most of it but there are 2 large files that I need to sort through and organize into the file folders that I have. Not Done
My goals for this coming week:
- Devotions daily - How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace.
- Listen to Godly Music Daily.
- Pray daily.
- Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement.
- Read some of My Utmost for His Highest before bed each night.
- Keep Christopher doing all the school he has left to do. We are winding down.
- Get Nathan to do all his school. He is winding down as well and finishing up his schooling. We are starting to gear up for graduation.
- Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week.
- I am also working on transcripts.
- Spend a lot of time on our Astronomy Unit. We are finished a bunch of other subjects and there is still a lot I wanted to cover for Astronomy. We only have 2 weeks left.
- Make sure the boys complete one back essay they had skipped from Movies as Literature.
- Read a book about Homeschooling. I am working on The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell. I am on pg 302.
- Post reminders to my friends/blog readers about Think Back Thursday on Wed. on Facebook groups especially. Remind them of the theme... water!
- Post Think Back Thursday... my new meme.
- Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up.
- I want to work out at least 3 days this week.
- Make a Weight Watchers 1 point dessert early this week to help fend off my cravings and provide a dessert for when my friend Michele comes over.
- Shut my computer off between 9 and 9:30 every night, get ready for bed and then read until my husband is ready for bed.
- Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done.
- Have a wonderful time visiting with my friend Michele on Wednesday.
- Go with my hubby and dd Jessica to pick up my Mom for an almost 2 week visit. Before we bring her here we have to help her switch her clothes from winter to summer and help her pack. She will be staying with us until June 4th.
- Work on household chores and spring cleaning - I will spend part of each morning working on household chores and spring cleaning. I especially need to work on this because of my Mom coming on Thursday
- Log books into Book Collector software. I need to get the tubs out of the hallway so they are not in my Mom's way.
- Read, Read, Read! I am currently reading
- A Bride for Pastor Dan (Parkside Community Church) by Katie Crabapple Kindle books is FREE right now. I also just bought book 2 of the series Ready Made Family for $0.99. They are all very short stories. I like the first one so far and do plan to buy all the books in the series as they are only 99 cents each. I will not make up my mind though, until after I read the first 2 completely.
- Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life
- Emma by Jane Austen
- With Wolfe in Canada by G.A. Henty.
- Make sure the kids keep up with cooking and after dinner chores.
Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us. I have been doing this for more than a year now and setting weekly goals is really helping me keep focus and achieve more. Have a great week.
all content on my blog is ©