Monday, September 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sept. 28, 2009



FOR TODAY... Monday, Sept. 28, 2009

Outside my window... the sun is rising, the cars, with their humans in them, are zooming to work, the kids are already standing at the bus stop, the world is starting their day.

I am thinking... about all the work to be done this week

I am thankful for... being home with my kids, homeschooling them, and not all zooming off to so many different places to be separate for the day.

From the learning rooms... 2nd week of workboxes, Bible - Esau and Jacob; History - Columbus; Science - last week of reviewing Christian Kids Explore Physics; Historical Fiction - read Sarah's Wish a TOS Homeschool Crew review item; and lots of other extra's... read my week in review on Friday to see all we get done using the workboxes!!! I love them!!

I am wearing... blue jumper, white tope with red and blue flowers, blue knee socks and my blue Crocs.

I am creating... a full school log book with our many and varied activities in the workboxes. I need to get to work on the ornaments I want for this year. Each year I make a new ornament for each of my kids, my dh and I so that when the kids get married and leave us they have a bunch of ornaments to take and hang on their tree and we still have many to put on our tree. They also become rememberances of Christmases past.

I am going... to the library after dh gets home, and to Bible Study on Friday.

I am reading... Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewellyn

I am hoping... to get a lot done in school this week with our workboxes and to make time for daily personal Bible study.

I am hearing... cars outside... the windows are open... it is a lovely fall morning, 57 degrees

Around the house... always lots to do... chores, cleaning, school, put away laundry, wash more laundry...

One of my favorite things... vacations!!! to bad they don't last... now back to work/school!

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Bible Study, hopefully start on Christmas ornaments.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Sight and Sound's Mellenium Theatre
we got to see "In the Beginning" for more details see my

Weekly Wrap-up for the week of Sept. 20th


Join us at the Simple Woman's Daybook: read others and do your own

Have a Wonderfilled week,
Debbie

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

Whenever I read your posts, I can tell how passionate you are about homeschooling. And more than that, in everything you do, not just blogging.

Isn't awful when we're at church and can't say more than hello? I do plan to go Friday...hopefully not feeling overwhelmed. Will you be there?

Debbie Phillips said...

Annette,
I will be at Bible Study on Friday. Hopefully I will have read the chapter in the new prayer book before then. LOL

Yes, I agree that it is a shame that we only have time at church to say hello as we pass in the hall. See you Friday.

I hope you have a great week. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

Days Gone By said...

I enjoyed your daybook! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails