Monday, December 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 7



FOR TODAY... Monday, December 7, 2009

Outside my window... cloudy at the horizon but clear overhead. The sun should shine brightly once it climbs higher than those clouds. For now, some sun as the sun is still rising.

I am thinking... about our week ahead and the two more weeks of school we have before Christmas break. Lots of fun things for our Nutcracker Unit.

I am thankful for... past remembrances of Christmas, looking at the ornaments from when the kids were little, including stars made from pipe cleaners with a few beads on them; past ornaments I have made or bought, and ornaments we have received as gifts.

From the learning rooms... we are working on our regular Grammar and Math, and a few TOS review items, and then we are doing a Nutcracker/ Tchaikovsky Unit. See my former post to see the links of the resources we are using: Nutcracker - Tchaikovsky Study

I am wearing... jeans, a white turtleneck, a rose colored sweatshirt, pink argyle socks.

I am creating... Christmas ornaments and gifts. See my post later today or tomorrow on what I am making this year and things I have made previous years. I have been making a new ornament for each child, and my hubby, me and my Mom; each year. That way when the kids get married they will have lots of ornaments to take with them to put on their tree to remember years gone by and not just new store bought ornaments with no sentimental value. Also, since I make them for my hubby and I we will not have a bare tree when they take all their ornaments with them.

I am going... nowhere this week, that I know of.

I am reading... Stepping Heavenward (for a online Yahoo group Bible study), A Praying Life (for a Ladies bible study at Church), The Book of the King by Jerry B. Jenkins, The 4:8 Principle.  See my Shelfari in the left hand column for details on these books.

I am hoping... to be able to afford to go to the Yuletide Tour at Winterthur or to another special holiday event this Christmas season.

I am hearing... only road noise... the boys are still asleep, the girls are quiet.

Around the house... Christmas Decorating is done. We are enjoying the tree lights and other decorations as we make ornaments and do activities and do our Nutcracker Unit.

One of my favorite things... Christmas Caroling with my family. This year we are adding in our Growth Group. We will be caroling as a group Sunday the 20th. It should be fun!

A few plans for the rest of the week: the girls are going to have a friend over on Tuesday, I am finishing up my Christmas ornaments, we are mostly done our Christmas shopping but have a few things to still get, some TOS review items to use in our school day, and a review or two to get done.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Last Year's Christmas Tree
 
No photos of this years tree as my camera is now broken and unusable.
No photos until we can afford a new camera.

Check out our hostess's Daybook and the other Daybooks and/or write your own at The Simple Woman's Daybook
Debbie
 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

your Christmas Caroling sounds like a lot of fun!

dtbrents said...

A lovely Christmas tree picture. I have an angel like yours on my tree. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails