Monday, July 17, 2017

Recruits: a facinating book


***** (5 stars out of 5)
Loved this book. Loved it. Loved it.
Wonderful. Ingenious. Creative. Original. Stupendous.

Transiting; moving, bodily, from one realm to another. The twins have seen their destination, dreamed of it, and drawn it, before they knew it was a real place, before they had the privilege of feeling the power within them, and traveling instantaneously to the train station in another world.

Is that all there is? Traveling back and forth to different worlds? Of course not. There is romance and there is a BATTLE coming. Every good book has a conflict that the main characters must solve. This conflict is a dilly. Dillon and Sean had been attacked, way back in chapter 13. The enemy knew that the twins were dangerous. The twins could foil their plans and they wanted to take them out early.

     “Shield the folks.”
     “I've been doing that.”
     “You feel it too, don't you?”
     “I feel something. I have no idea what it is. He watched Dillon ease himself down to the floor, “What just happened?”
     “I shut my eyes and I rose up and I went out into the yard. And I hunted.” pg 117

Cool. Now they can not only Transit but they can leave their bodies protected and go outside them and look around for trouble.

The Assembly (those in control) do not believe that the twins know anything about, or could hope to prevent, a coming battle. Dillon and Sean and their family have been attacked. Twice now, actually. The Assembly have a scapegoat and are blaming everything on him. Who really attacked them. The scapegoat happened to be someone I did not like earlier in the book. I wanted him to be punished. I wanted it to be him causing all this trouble.

What will happen? Will the authorities believe them in time to prevent a disaster?  Will Dillon and Sean come up with a plan? Will their plan be successful? Will others be hurt, even killed? What about the Earth?

This world and it's characters were believable, which is unbelievable. Locke's writing is so superb that you believe it could happen. That in itself is a wonder. 

Descriptions are realistic... I accept that the worlds Locke created exist, and wish I could travel to them. They are nothing like Earth. 

The characters and the plot seem to propel each other forward. Not one taking over and pushing the book forward unnaturally. 

Locke uses his pseudonym to write books that are outside the Christian fiction genre, which he writes with his real name, and I think this is my favorite Locke book so far. It was extraordinary.

I highly recommend that you read this book, find out the answers to my questions for yourself, and I hope that you find it as fascinating as I did.

You can find Thomas Locke and all his contact information at

Debbie
all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails