Monday, January 2, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 49


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

It 's 2012!!! I have written an update on my Final Yearly Goals Update for 2011 ~ Dec. 31st. I have also written down my Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year.


My Goals from last week and how I did:

Spiritual Goals 
  1. Catch up with reading the Bible in a Year. Done I caught up and finished the challenge. I read the whole Bible in 2012. 
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.comNot Done
  3. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. Not Done 
Homeschool Goals
    No Goals. No Homeschooling until January 4th.
Blog Goals    
  1. Get my yearly goals post updated with how I did on my goals from 2011. I want it posted Sat. for New Year's Eve. Done http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2011/12/final-yearly-goals-update-for-2011-dec.html
  2. Get my yearly goals post ready to post on Jan. 1st for my 2012 goals. I really need to take time to work on this and pray over what things God would like me to accomplish next year. Done http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2012/01/yearly-goals-2012-goal-setting-for-year.html
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Done I commented at our hostesses blog @ Mama Manuscripts, and at Shannon's Blog @ Mom Loves Books 
  2. Clean my bedroom. My bedroom is a mess from storing and wrapping gifts in there. I also have clothes to put away. Not Done
  3. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am now reading Julia's Last Hope It is one of the individual books Janette Oke wrote and not part of a series. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far. Done I did read some this week but not Julia's Last Hope... I read The Romance of a Christmas Card by Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin and Alice Ercle Hunt on my Nook.
  4. Play games with the family. Done We played some during the week and a bunch on New Years Eve.
  5. Watch movies as a family. I don't know if we have any more Christmas movies to watch, but I am sure we will watch something. It is one of the few things we can do with my mom. Done Watched a lot of movies.
  6. Play on the Wii with the kids. Done I don't remember which day we played, but we did.
  7. Work on getting files backed up to the external drives. Done I am done backing them up! It took a lot longer than I thought it would.
For this week that is 9 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 3 Not Done. Pretty good week considering all the family stuff I did.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal, as part of my morning Devotions.
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
  6. Read chapter 8 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study, "The Art of Loving Your Husband."
  7. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. 
    Homeschool Goals
    1. Plan this week's school.
    2. Start back to homeschooling on Wed. 
    3. Re-watch Philadelphia Story for Movies as Literature and get the discussion questions done so we can do the essay next week.
    Blog Goals    
    1. Post Blast From The Past for tomorrow.
    2. Work on the Virtual Curriculum Fair post due by January 9th---Discovering Patterns: Mathematics, Logic, and some Science. I want to have these done and scheduled ahead of time.
    3. Post the Games for Language Arts post I have been working on since it will go along with the Virtual Curriculum Fair topic for this week..
    Personal/Other Goals
    1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
    2. Clean my bedroom. My bedroom is a mess from storing and wrapping gifts in there. I also have clothes to put away.
    3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading  Julia's Last Hope  It is one of the individual books Janette Oke wrote and not part of a series. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far.
    4. Clean off the table in my bedroom so I can spend time scrapbooking before the 15th... one of my yearly goals is to scrapbook at least one afternoon every other week.
    5. Meal Plan for at least this week and work on the rest of January also.
    My mom is going home on Wed. and we have hair cut appointments as well so I will be gone most of Wed. and then I have Ladies Bible Study on Friday. Next week "should be" more normal. I hope to get most of this week's stuff done... there is a lot of it!

    How about you? Did you set any Goals for 2012. Doing this meme will help you accomplish more because you can look at your yearly goals and set smaller steps to do weekly so you make progress toward your bigger goals. Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us.


    all content on my blog is ©

    1 comment:

    Christa said...

    Stopping by from the main Goal Planning blog to say HI!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails