Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Vol. 61

I am a day late getting this posted... but I did most of it on Tuesday, forgot about it yesterday, and finished up today.

1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-

amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.

Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen. 
I went to the website and looked at the words and the reasons for banning them. I guess I would pick Baby Bump. I do not watch to much tv and neither do my kids. We watch no daytime t.v. shows so we have not run into the overuse of these words. I don't know if I have even heard anyone use "Baby Bump" in a sentence... but I don't like it, so that is the one I chose. The rest of them don't really bother me.

2. Are you easily embarrassed? I guess I am, I don't really know for sure.

3. What is your go-to snack? I don't have just one. When not dieting it is all kinds of things I should not eat. When trying to stick to a better diet my go-to snacks are WW ice cream treats, WW desserts that I make at home, and rice cakes. Oh, and I love the Fiber Plus bars from Kellogg's. I like all but the ones with coconut.

4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? Yes, many times.  If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction? Favorite... you do ask such hard questions. I like the Air and Space Museum, The American History Museum, The Natural History Museum, and the Washington National Cathedral Sorry, I could not choose just one. 

5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least? Squats, since I think I can do at least one of those and don't think I can do any of the others... but... I am just getting back to exercising... so here's hoping and praying that the end of 2012 finds me much more fit than I am now.

6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten? I can't think of one. This question is one of the things that held me up from posting. I know there are plenty... I just can't think right now!

7. Have you ever been a blood donor? Nope. I used to faint when giving blood. I don't faint now but I still don't like it.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I miss my husband. He is away visiting relatives of his in western PA. I could not sleep last night without him. I was up until 2am.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails