Monday, January 16, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 51


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

This was a pretty good week...Considering the craziness. I did pretty well and am satisfied with my first week of 2012 and my goals. I hope that one week soon I can say I got all my goals accomplished in one week!! Maybe it will be this week.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily. Partly Done I did devotions some days, but not every day. Hopefully this week will be better.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear. Partly Done Did this the same days that I had devotions.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Partly Done Did this the same days that I had devotions.
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal, as part of my morning Devotions. Partly Done Did this the same days that I had devotions.
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.comNot Done
  6. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. Done I read part of chapter 2. I need to work on the workbook assignment for chapter one still.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Plan the rest of this week's school. Done I planned it. Then my husband decided to go visit his Aunt and Uncle near Pittsburgh... a 6 hour drive, or more. So plans changed. His Uncle is very sick and in the hospital. After Court came home the Dr.'s told the family that Court's Uncle Frank is now in stage 4 with his cancer. We don't know yet what that will mean for his treatment, they were going to do chemo again, now I don't know. Uncle Frank is around 76 years old. But, most importantly, he needs salvation. Please pray that he will get saved. He has heard the message many times. Court spoke with him about it again while he was there. Uncle Frank is Russian Orthodox. Please join us in prayer if you would. He needs the Lord.
  2. Re-watch Philadelphia Story for Movies as Literature and get the discussion questions done so we can do the essay next week. Done We did manage to get this done even with the change of plans.
  3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading it. Done I logged in all the work the boys told me that they did and all the stuff we did together.
  4. Get the boys back to doing all 12 workboxes Not Done That will be done today. Back to a normal week, I hope, not that I know what normal is around here anymore.  
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past for tomorrow. Done 
  2. Work on the Virtual Curriculum Fair post due by January 16th---Exploring Our World: Social Studies and more Science. This theme can include history, geography, world cultures, worldview, biology, botany, geology, etc., etc., etc. Done 
  3. Post the Games for math post I have been working on since it will go along with the Virtual Curriculum Fair topic for this week. Done 
  4. Post about the reading challenge I am joining this year and the list of books I have plans to read. Done 
Fitness Goals    
  1. Exercise 3 days for at least 15 min each time. Partly Done I only worked out one day. Hope to do better this week.
  2. Make a Weight Watchers Dessert. Not Done Hubby leaving left me at the house without a car for 3 days. I didn't have the ingredients to make the dessert I had wanted to make. It was also an emotional couple of days for reasons I won't go into. So, Rachel made chocolate cake. It was delicious, but not WW.
  3. Eat Better, more fruits and veggies. Done I did eat more fruit last week, not really more veggies, though I did eat veggies.
  4. Read some of Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure Done I read chapter 2, I think, the book is upstairs and I am downstairs.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Done I commented at our hostesses blog @ Mama Manuscripts, and then at Christa @ Fairfield Corner Academy, Lisa @ Homeschool CircusTim @ Families Again, and RevJenv.
  2. Purge and toss some unneeded items making room for my hubby. He says he cannot be creative with clutter around... so I need to get rid of some stuff to make room for him. Done I got rid of some things in my bedroom, still have so much more to do though.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading  Julia's Last Hope  and The Centurion's Wife on my NOOK Book by Janette Oke, Davis Bunn. I got this book free from Barnes and Noble last week for my new Nook Book and have been enjoying it immensely. Done I finished Julia's Last Hope and started Something Old, Something New because it came in from the library and I need to read it and the other 2 Tales From Grace Chapel Inn series before they have to go back. Also, I love this series and want to read it, so it is no hardship.
  4. Clean off the table in my bedroom so I can spend time scrapbooking before the 15th... one of my yearly goals is to scrapbook at least one afternoon every other week. Done I cleaned off the table and did a bunch of pages while Court was at his Aunt and Uncles.
  5. Meal Plan for at least this week and work on the rest of January also. Done I planned dinners for the whole rest of the month. I am taking over all the cooking and most of the kitchen chores until then due to a conflict in the house. I hope after that the kids will pitch in willingly and help out. If not it is my home and my kitchen and I will do what I must to keep it clean and everyone fed.
For this week that is 15 Done, 5 Partly Done, and only 3 Not Done.  I would say that is a GREAT week. http://zaazu.com


My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear or the spiritual/fitness book from my fitness goals below - Reshaping It All.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  5. Read chapter 9 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study, "The Art of Loving Your Children."
  6. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
  7. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Make sure the boys do their essays for Philadelphia story and don't wait until Friday to do it.
  2. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading it.
  3. Get the boys back to doing all 12 workboxes
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past for tomorrow.
  2. Work on the Virtual Curriculum Fair post due by January 23rd---Seeking Beauty: the Arts and Everything that Brings Beauty to Our World.
  3. Post the Games For Science post I have been working on since it will go along with the Virtual Curriculum Fair topic for this week.
  4. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do.
Fitness Goals    
  1. Exercise 3 days for at least 15 min each time. http://zaazu.com
  2. Make a Weight Watchers Dessert.
  3. Eat Better, more fruits and veggies and write down what I eat.
  4. Drink 48-64 oz of water daily and keep track.
  5. Read some of Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness by Candace Cameron Bure.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Purge and toss some unneeded items making room for my hubby. He says he cannot be creative with clutter around... so I need to get rid of some stuff to make room for him.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading  Something Old, Something New (The Tales from Grace Chapel Inn Series #10). I should finish that and will probably start the next book We Have This Moment (The Tales from Grace Chapel Inn Series #11) 
  4. Keep up with making dinners and doing kitchen chores. I am doing all the cooking until the end of January.
  5. Start back to spending time with one kid once a week doing whatever they want. It is Christopher's turn.
Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us.


all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Mama Manuscripts said...

Sounds like an EXCELLENT week! I have a terrible time keeping up with the kitchen chores. I think I got all the dishes done this afternoon for the first time this week!

See you tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails