Friday, January 27, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ Jelly Beans

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week… a trip to western PA to go to the funeral of my husband's Uncle Frank, a 6+ hour trip; sinus headaches; trying to get the boys back to doing school Thurs. and Fri., I actually assigned their work and checked on them; a trip to Shady Maple today, we were going to stop on the way home from western PA but I was not feeling well and Court was tired so we put it off.

In our homeschool this week…  no school Mon. - Wed. I did not want to even try and get the boys to do school while I was at the funeral, especially since my going was last minute. Thurs. and Fri. I assigned them stuff to do by themselves.

I am inspired by… the Bible (reading the book of James) and the spiritual books I am reading.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Church and the dedication service for our new edition at church. The new edition includes a gym, new office space for the church and Pastors, and more Sunday School classrooms. We'll be seeing lots of people at church.

My favorite thing this week was… reading a lot in the car on the way to and from the funeral and seeing family. The reason we were there was sad, but seeing the family was good. I pray we see them more often in the years to come, it was way too long between visits.

Things I’m working on… finding free apps for my NookColor, getting some of my goals for this week accomplished, and lots of reading.

I’m reading… lots of books... see my Goodreads widget in the right hand sidebar for the current list. If you click the link you can get more details for the books.


I’m cooking… I have no idea. I have meals planned but I am not sure what I am cooking. Being away for 3 days and then being so sick and worn out has thrown me off schedule.

I’m praying for… Court's Aunt and family coping with the death of their husband, father, grandfather, uncle; a friend with a 2 week old baby with Spina Bifida, a friend's daughter who is having serious medical problems and praying for her family as well; and our financial situation.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I drove one hour to Shady Maple today, just for the jelly beans!! my FAVORITE jelly beans!! lol



Not really... 

we went for lunch. 
The Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly's were a bonus!
They are my all time fav and we can't find them around here.
I was thrilled to find 2 packs. 
I will have to limit myself and make them last.
Now you know why I named this post...
Jelly Beans


all content on my blog is ©

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Jelly Beans too! :)

Andrea said...

Mmmm, we have the Jelly Belly Factory nearby in Fairfield....you just gave me the idea to bring my kids there for a tour! :) Have you ever been to the Chocolate Factory in PA?? Would LOVE to go there!
Andrea

Debbie Phillips said...

Andrea,
I am so jealous. I would love to tour the Jelly Belly Factory... especially if they give SAMPLES!!

and...

Yes, we have been to the Hershey Chocolate Factory in PA, a number of times. Our Favorite Chocolate Factory however is a little one in Lititz, PA called Wilbur Chocolate Factory. I even have a post I wrote last year with photos if you are interested... http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2010/08/trip-to-wilburs-chocolate-factory-365.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails