Monday, January 9, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 50


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

This was a pretty good week...Considering the craziness. I did pretty well and am satisfied with my first week of 2012 and my goals. I hope that one week soon I can say I got all my goals accomplished in one week!! Maybe it will be this week.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily. Done, except for one day, I am counting it as done and not partly done.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear. Done Read ch. 1
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Done
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal, as part of my morning Devotions. Done every day except the one I did not read my Bible on.
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com Not Done
  6. Read chapter 8 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study, "The Art of Loving Your Husband." Done
  7. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Plan this week's school. Not Done We had a snafu with school last week. Some books were missing and things were still partly crazy so we never did do school. We weren't supposed to start until Wed. anyway... so we just missed a 1/2 a week more. We started back to school today and got 1/2 the subjects done because of a late start and delays. Hopefully we can get all 12 workboxes done tomorrow.
  2. Start back to homeschooling on Wed.  Not Done
  3. Re-watch Philadelphia Story for Movies as Literature and get the discussion questions done so we can do the essay next week. Not Done
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past for tomorrow. Done
  2. Work on the Virtual Curriculum Fair post due by January 9th---Discovering Patterns: Mathematics, Logic, and some Science. I want to have these done and scheduled ahead of time. Done
  3. Post the Games for Language Arts post I have been working on since it will go along with the Virtual Curriculum Fair topic for this week.. Done
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Not Done
  2. Clean my bedroom. My bedroom is a mess from storing and wrapping gifts in there. I also have clothes to put away. Done
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading  Julia's Last Hope  It is one of the individual books Janette Oke wrote and not part of a series. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far. Done I am reading a bunch of books right now for spiritual books, for pleasure books, and educational books. Maybe this will help me with my reading challenge for 2012!! Oh, and I ordered 3 books and 2 of them came in at the library. Now to finish what I am currently reading for pleasure (2 books) so I can read the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books.
  4. Clean off the table in my bedroom so I can spend time scrapbooking before the 15th... one of my yearly goals is to scrapbook at least one afternoon every other week.Partly Done Must get this completed. I have planned to do this and then scrapbook one afternoon with Jessica! Must get it done by the 15th so I don't fail on my goals for 2012!
  5. Meal Plan for at least this week and work on the rest of January also. Partly Done
For this week that is 11 Done, 2 Partly Done, and 5 Not Done. Pretty good week considering all the family stuff I did.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal, as part of my morning Devotions.
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
  6. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Plan the rest of this week's school.
  2. Re-watch Philadelphia Story for Movies as Literature and get the discussion questions done so we can do the essay next week.
  3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading it.
  4. Get the boys back to doing all 12 workboxes
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past for tomorrow.
  2. Work on the Virtual Curriculum Fair post due by January 16th---Exploring Our World: Social Studies and more Science. This theme can include history, geography, world cultures, worldview, biology, botany, geology, etc., etc., etc.
  3. Post the Games for math post I have been working on since it will go along with the Virtual Curriculum Fair topic for this week.
  4. Post about the reading challenge I am joining this year and the list of books I have plans to read.
Fitness Goals    
  1. Exercise 3 days for at least 15 min each time.
  2. Make a Weight Watchers Dessert.
  3. Eat Better, more fruits and veggies.
  4. Read some of Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Purge and toss some unneeded items making room for my hubby. He says he cannot be creative with clutter around... so I need to get rid of some stuff to make room for him.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading  Julia's Last Hope  and The Centurion's Wife on my NOOK Book by Janette Oke, Davis Bunn. I got this book free from Barnes and Noble last week for my new Nook Book and have been enjoying it immensely.
  4. Clean off the table in my bedroom so I can spend time scrapbooking before the 15th... one of my yearly goals is to scrapbook at least one afternoon every other week.
  5. Meal Plan for at least this week and work on the rest of January also.
How about you? Did you set any Goals for 2012. Doing this meme will help you accomplish more because you can look at your yearly goals and set smaller steps to do weekly so you make progress toward your bigger goals. Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us.


all content on my blog is ©

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Hope you have a great week! Dropping by from GPM :-)

Hubby said...

I am always amazed at your goals and how you manage to achieve at least most of them. I love you for it and admire your stamina at getting them done...love, hubby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails