Thursday, January 12, 2012

Julia's Last Hope ~ Book 1 of 2012

I just opened an account at Goodreads. I like that I can do a review of each book I read there and then they give me the code to copy that review and paste it here on my blog... that is cool. I will be changing my Shelfari personal reading widget. I will probably keep the school Shelfari list for now.

Julia's Last Hope (Women of the West, #2)Julia's Last Hope by Janette Oke

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love this book. Though it says it is part of a series, each of the books in this series is actually an individual story, so you can read them in any order. In this story a logging business closes and the few families that stay in the the town try and save their town. The families open their homes to guests, serving them and using their homes and the mountain town to earn money for their families. Part way through Julia and her family realize that the physical needs of feeding and clothing everyone are not the most important. This trial wakes them up to the spiritual needs of their guests and the other members of their town. Do they save the town??? You will have to read it and find out.

View all my reviews


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails