Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 14, 2009


.

FOR TODAY... Monday, December 14th, 2009

Outside my window... sunny and cold

I am thinking... that I need to call my Mom and wish her a Happy 87th Birthday. She will be here on Sunday and we will celebrate then.

I am thankful for... My husband's job, in spite of how annoying the boss and manager can be. There are a lot of people in our church and whom we know who are out of work or doing much less work, or working inferior jobs trying to manage and are struggling.

From the learning rooms... Nutcracker Study - Lapbook and Notebooking pages from
Reading The Nutcracker by Alexandre Dumas; E.T.A Hoffmann Nutcracker Translated by Ralph Manheim, pictures by Maurice Sendak; Nutcracker by E.T.A Hoffmann, from thetranslation by Major Alex Ewing, illustrated by Roberto Innocenti

From the kitchen... cookies, lots of cookiesk, this week and next; dd Rachel is making Cranberry Apple Muffins for breakfast; need to do meal planning for the next few weeks so we are prepared with ingredients we need and planned ahead to make the days less hectic.

I am wearing... gray/blue pants, white turtleneck, blue sweatshirt nearby if I need it, blue slippers.

I am creating... gifts for Christmas

I am going... to Bible Study on Friday, out shopping for stocking stuffers one evening, out to look at an artificial Christmas tree a friend is giving away, and to the Library Mon. and Thurs.

I am reading... Stepping Heavenward (for a online Yahoo group Bible study), A Praying Life (for a Ladies bible study at Church), The Book of the King by Jerry B. Jenkins, The 4:8 Principle.  See my Shelfari in the left hand column for details on these books.

I am hoping... that we will all have a good Christmas and that our break from school will be restful and not

I am hearing... arguing... already and it is only 9:45, too much talking... not enough working.

Around the house... Christmas preparations and cleaning

One of my favorite things... Christmas Music especially this song by David Phelps  O Holy Night David Phelps with Gaither Vocal Band .mp4

A few plans for the rest of the week: Bible Study, last week of school before Christmas Break, get the boys started on a guitar program and a typing program we have to review for TOS Homeschool Review Crew.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 The Dried Flower Christmas Tree



Debbie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails