My goal for reading this year was to read 52 books or more in 2012. Each month for the Reading Challenge we are supposed to do an update and link up. This month I read....
Julia's Last Hope
Link to my review on my blog
By Wagon and Flatboat
Review on my blog that I did for Read-Aloud Thursday of By Wagon and Flatboat
The Centurion's Wife (Acts of Faith, #1)
I got this for free for my Nook. I got my Nook for Christmas. I liked these enough to buy the next two in the series for my Nook with a gift card my friend Michele got for me for Christmas. These books are fiction but use biblical characters and events that actually happened and then build the fictional story around those things. This one is about the centurion from Luke 7: 1-10. Pilate and his wife, the one who had dreams about Jesus, are also in the book, as are other real people from the Bible. Another important and stirring part of this is the description of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came upon the believers. I am currently reading book 2 The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith Series #2) This series is Great! and I love Janette Oke and Davis Bunn and together they are a killer combination.
The Romance of a Christmas Card
This was a fun little free book that I got for the Kindle app but I was able to change it to a epub and put it on my Nook. I read it early in January when I was still in a sorta Christmas mood. It was short and had a spiritual dimension to it as well that was great. It is a coming home kind of story.
Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10
I love, love, love the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn series. This one is based on a wedding! What else could it be with a title like that??
We Have This Moment (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #11
This book is mostly about old love renewed, for older couples.
That is 6 books in January!! I am 2 books ahead!
I hope I can keep this up... or even read more. It would be soooo cool to read 100 books in 2012... but that would mean I am 2 books behind... not 2 ahead! I will just leave things as they are and do my best to read 52 books... or more... in 2012.
I am Currently Reading 10 books -
- All in the Timing , by Melody Carlson (personal Christian fiction, for fun)
- The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith Series #2) , by Davis Bunn (personal Christian fiction, for fun, on my Nook)
- How People Change (VantagePoint Books) , by Timothy S. Lane (Spiritual)
- God's Priorities for Today's Woman: Discovering His Plan for You , by Lisa Hughes (Spiritual, for ladies Bible study)
- The Power of a Praying Wife , by Stormie Omartian (Spiritual, to pray for and encourage my hubby)
- My Utmost for His Highest , by Oswald Chambers (Spiritual, year long daily devotional)
- Reshaping It All , by Candace Cameron Bure (Health and Fitness/Spiritual)
- Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear , by Max Lucado (Spiritual)
- With Wolfe in Canada , by G.A. Henty (Historical Fiction Read-Aloud for school)
- Evangeline and the Acadians , by Robert Tallant (History Read-Aloud for school)
all content on my blog is ©